CA112 1800's House Style

2»

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Forgot to say!

Leave that compression button alone! LOL!

A JPG image that is about 1024 pixels wide and 100% quality should upload without any trouble at all :)
    I'm ever so sorry, qwalker. I really do have to go to bed now, even though I've been awake all night and its 8.10 am. I'm so totally worn out.

If you are still having problems now I've had to go to bed, its quite likely that one of the others will be able to help you before I get back to the forum again. We've discussed everything in enough detail earlier on in the thread for most people to be able to pick up where I left off the conversation :)

Maybe Dogtag will help you make sense of my instructions if he's around a bit later?

And don't forget! Have fun - its Christmas :D
  • Interestingly, the Info> Coordinates gave the values I mentioned. The method you just mentioned gave the 0,0 at the top right, and 51.5,60 for the bottom left. Huh.
    Here goes - 2000x3000 pixels.
    You just caught me walking past the laptop on the way to lie down! LOL!

IMHO the most recent image is a huge improvement simply because the texture is no longer pixelated, and there are no more of those compression artefacts.

I cannot explain the coordinate anomaly (though someone like Dogtag or Monsen would probably be able to explain it straight away)

Well done, you :)

Oh yes - and goodnight! LOL!
    You're welcome :)

Its a shame about the low quality of that picture of the house, but if it bothers you I think the only thing you can do is shrink it down to be just a thumbnail and greatly enlarge the plans. You'd also have to re-arrange the text as well, so... rather a lot of trouble if you feel happy about it the way it is now ;)
  • qwalker: For the pixellated house image from Hobbs, I'd suggest trying to collect the image again, but zoom in as far as you can before you do so, to the point where you only have a fraction of the house image on-screen, ideally. I did a quick trial (it's design XXXIV on p.89 for anyone trying to find it quickly), and discovered after doing this I could get the image around one-third wider than my computer screen before I started to lose definition. Of course, converting the JPEG to a PNG that CC3 will handle might not help, but it has to be worth trying. You can even download the complete Hobbs text as a PDF (about 30 MB) too, which might make things easier for image extraction, if you haven't already. (Sorry if the Annual tells you all this, and you've already done it with no luck; I do have all the Annuals, but this is one of those I haven't done anything with as yet...)