Annual 120 Dark Realms Map

So, I really like this new Annual style, Dark Realms, and decided to play around yesterday - it's cold out and I have a cold so I stayed in all cozy and warm (a laptop on your lap helps, too!) Here's a random map.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 40 images Cartographer
    Oh wow! That's really pretty. A bad day put to really good use :)

(and I bet it only took you 10 minutes!!!) LOL!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 51 images Cartographer
    Quite a nice map.
    Some of your names really makes me wonder though, especially the "Nordlys Regnskog" (Northern Lights Rain Forest"), since northern lights and rain forests don't really appear in the same latitudes at all. Makes me think you have an interesting explanation at hand.
  • edited December 2016
    Posted By: MonsenQuite a nice map.
    Some of your names really makes me wonder though, especially the "Nordlys Regnskog" (Northern Lights Rain Forest"), since northern lights and rain forests don't really appear in the same latitudes at all. Makes me think you have an interesting explanation at hand.
    Thank you, guys. There isn't much of an explanation other than I like to use all sorts of languages (and a mixture of them) for naming locations on random maps. In my own campaign world, each significant place is named with care (and some with this method), but for this map....i really just named made up names or used my ever handy translate google :) But for that particular region....i DID imagine a magical rain forest, where luminescent threads of magic can be seen, akin to the northern lights

Oh and....hey, its a fantasy world, and fantastic things can happen :)
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited December 2016
    Very nice. I particularly like the Jagged Edge mountains to the north. And your rivers look great, though I suspect they may trigger mild apoplexy in Shessar.

This is a neat style. I really like the forest symbols, even if I don't particularly care for the terrain fill styles (which are easily replaced).

Thanks for sharing. And feel better. Drink lots of fluids. ~O) :-D

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • Very nice! I've been wanting to play with this style: I like the color palette and symbols a lot.
  • I like it Lorelei. Great looking map! Is there a goat? :P