CSUAC 2.0 for CC3+ Released

2»

Comments

• VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    Posted By: kevbeck43Once CSUAC was installed I followed the instructions for adding the toolbar including restarting CC3+. It didn't work, that is the core problem.
    But just what is this core problem?

Do you not see the toolbar at all?

Or do you see the toolbar but it has no symbols?

Or do you see the CSUAC toolbar with symbols but nothing happen when you click a symbol?

I need this information to pinpoint what's wrong.
  • The toolbar is there with no symbols. Its just a blank white toolbar.
    Posted By: kevbeck43The toolbar is there with no symbols. Its just a blank white toolbar.
    Please E-Mail me which ever of these files you have:

city.mnu
    dungeon.mnu
    FCW32.mnu

There are small, easy-to-mail files.

Send them to info@vintyri.org.
  • I have exactly the same issue as kevbec43: I have a clean installation of CC3+ (v3.74), CD3+ and DD3+ and all works fine. I performed the Vintyri collection installation (latest - just downloaded it yesterday) and it went well. I can see the Vintyri icon(s) on custom icon bar 3 as appropriate, and it works nicely.

I performed the CSUAC_2.0 installation and everything seemed to go as indicated in the instructions. There had previously been no CSUAC installation on this CC3+. I can see the CSUAC_2 folder and files in the default data folder. However, there are no CSUAC icons on custom icon bar 3 (nor on #2 either - I checked). I tried restarting the CC3+ app, and running the VPToolBarFix.bat app. I can retrieve the CSUAC symbols from the Symbol Catalog bar, but it would be great to get the icon bar working.

Please let me know if thee is anything I can do to help solve this (i.e. send you mnu files, etc)

Thanks!
  • OK, so I've done some sleuthing and file editing, and I think I have the Vintyri/CSUAC menu fixed - it helps to read the instructions! As in the CC3+ Help: CC3+ Reference > Customising CC3 > Customizing Menus.

I also looked at the VPToolbarFix.bat and vpsettings.cfg files (both readable in a text editor).

It turns out that I did not have the full set of icon buttons showing following the Vintyri collection installation. To get the complete icon set I cut and pasted the following from vpsettings.cfg (lines 88-91) to city.mnu just prior to the #710 entry (makes sense):
    #706,@Bitmaps\Icons\BTB_Structures.bmp:[Medieval Brown Beaver Tail Roof Catalogs]|SYMICONMR;SYMICONFSET;5;
    #707,@Bitmaps\Icons\BTL_Structures.bmp:[Medieval Light Beaver Tail Roof Catalogs]|SYMICONMR;SYMICONFSET;6;
    #708,@Bitmaps\Icons\SLA_Structures.bmp:[Medieval Slate Tile Roof Catalogs]|SYMICONMR;SYMICONFSET;7;
    #709,@Bitmaps\Icons\WSH_Structures.bmp:[Medieval Wood Shingle Roof Catalogs]|SYMICONMR;SYMICONFSET;8;

Note, however, that the the vpsettings.cfg file attempts to install these icons with the following commands:
    ADD menu\bogie_redthorn.mnc city.mnu #613 #709,@Bitmaps\Icons\WSH_Structures.bmp:[Medieval Wood Shingle Roof Catalogs]|SYMICONMR;SYMICONFSET;8;
    ADD menu\csuac_animals.mnc city.mnu #613 #708,@Bitmaps\Icons\SLA_Structures.bmp:[Medieval Slate Tile Roof Catalogs]|SYMICONMR;SYMICONFSET;7;
    ADD menu\csuac_animals.mnc city.mnu #613 #707,@Bitmaps\Icons\BTL_Structures.bmp:[Medieval Light Beaver Tail Roof Catalogs]|SYMICONMR;SYMICONFSET;6;
    ADD menu\csuac_animals.mnc city.mnu #613 #706,@Bitmaps\Icons\BTB_Structures.bmp:[Medieval Brown Beaver Tail Roof Catalogs]|SYMICONMR;SYMICONFSET;5;

Since I did not yet have the Bogie files or CSUAC (animal) files installed yet, the program logic skipped those entries and never put the icons on the tool bar. I think 'menu\bogie_redthorn.mnc' and 'menu\csuac_animals.mnc' needs to be changed to 'menu\vss2_misc.mnc' for the logic to work.

I made similar entries to the dungeon.mnu and FCW32.MNU files from information in the vpsettings.cfg file.
    To the dungeon.mnu file, pasted the following after entry #613:
    #701,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_humanoids.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Humanoids]{|CMENU @menu\bl1_humanoids.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl1_humanoids.mnc;
    #702,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_creatures.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Monsters]{|CMENU @menu\bl2_monsters.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl2_monsters.mnc;
    #703,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_animals.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Animals]{|CMENU @menu\bl3_animals.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl3_animals.mnc;
    #704,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_equipment.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Equipment]{|CMENU @menu\bl4_equipment.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl4_equipment.mnc;
    #705,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_vehicles.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Vehicles]{|CMENU @menu\bl5_vehicles.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl5_vehicles.mnc;
    #706,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_vegetation.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Vegetation]{|CMENU @menu\bl6_vegetation.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl6_vegetation.mnc;
    #707,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_furniture.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Furnishings]{|CMENU @menu\bl7_furnishings.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl7_furnishings.mnc;
    #708,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_structures.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Structures]{|CMENU @menu\bl8_structures.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl8_structures.mnc;

To the FCW32.MNU file, pasted the following after entry #608:
    #701,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_humanoids.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Humanoids]{|CMENU @menu\bl1_humanoids.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl1_humanoids.mnc;
    #702,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_creatures.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Monsters]{|CMENU @menu\bl2_monsters.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl2_monsters.mnc;
    #703,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_animals.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Animals]{|CMENU @menu\bl3_animals.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl3_animals.mnc;
    #704,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_equipment.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Equipment]{|CMENU @menu\bl4_equipment.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl4_equipment.mnc;
    #705,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_vehicles.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Vehicles]{|CMENU @menu\bl5_vehicles.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl5_vehicles.mnc;
    #706,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_vegetation.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Vegetation]{|CMENU @menu\bl6_vegetation.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl6_vegetation.mnc;
    #707,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_furniture.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Furnishings]{|CMENU @menu\bl7_furnishings.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl7_furnishings.mnc;
    #708,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_structures.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Structures]{|CMENU @menu\bl8_structures.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl8_structures.mnc;
    #709,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_modern.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Modern]{|CMENU @menu\bl9_modern.mnc;}|CMENU @menu\bl9_modern.mnc;

I did also make one final addition to the city.mnu file based on the information in vpsettings.cfg, just after the #613 entry:
    #701,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Fantasy]|SYMICONMR;SYMICONFSET;13;
    #702,@Bitmaps\Icons\csuac_mod.bmp:[CSUAC 2 Modern]|SYMICONMR;SYMICONFSET;14;

From what I can tell my mnu files and icon bars look and behave the way they should, based on installing the Vintyri collection and CSUAC_2 collection.

Hope this helps. Cheers.
    edited August 2016
    There is an elusive problem with a ProFantasy utility program called CC3MenuConfig.exe. We can only scratch our heads about it, and I think the same is true for ProFantasy. This utility is supposed to build the new toolbars based upon the instructions in the file vpsettings.cfg.

I know of possibly five cases where CC3MenuConfig.exe has refused to do its job. With the first three users, I sent out hard-coded versions of the menu files, and after that, their installations worked perfectly. That tells me that these users installed correctly but that CC3MenuConfig.exe did not do its job on their computers.

kevbeck43 above appears to be user No. 4 with this problem. However, I'm still working with him on this issue, so I'm not certain. Based upon your posting, it appears that the same thing happened on your PC. Fortunately, you figured out how to hard code the solution yourself.

It's a mystery to me why CC3MenuConfig.exe has gone on strike and refused to rebuild menus on four and probably five computers and worked without a hitch on hundreds of other PCs ("hundreds" based upon download traffic and user feedback).

I wish I could add something better to this story, but that's about it.

However, if anyone else comes up with the problem, please contact me by E-Mail at:

info@vintyri.org

We'll be happy to send anyone who needs them hard-coded copies of the toolbar files.

UPDATE: kevbeck43 is User No. 4 with this problem. He just confirmed that hard-coded menu files fixed his toolbar.

Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project
  • In the past I would said that it was variances in the hardware installed; however, on my last job I had over two hundred desktops all the same make and model. Some of them simply wouldn't accept some of the rather normal software we used, and the rest the software worked fine.
  • edited September 2016
    I will have to add another to the small list. I too have the same problem as kevbeck43: A blank tool bar without buttons on it, despite restarting CC3+ and having a go with VPToolbarFix.bat. In my situation it was a clean installation as well with no prior CSUAC. If you need me to send the MNU files as well, let me know I'll gladly provide them. Other addons I have for CC3+ are DD3, CD3 and Perspectives.

-edit-
    Looking at the vpsettings.cfg I see it refers to the following files as required files (all lines that add something refer to one of these 3 with the first parameter):
    menu\vss2_misc.mnc
    menu\bogie_redthorn.mnc
    menu\csuac_animals.mnc

When I look in the menu folder though I only see these files (seemingly matching the different folders under Symbols\CSUAC_2):
    bl1_humanoids.mnc
    bl2_monsters.mnc
    bl3_animals.mnc
    bl4_equipment.mnc
    bl5_vehicles.mnc
    bl6_vegetation.mnc
    bl7_furnishings.mnc
    bl8_structures.mnc
    bl9_modern.mnc

So if the required mnc files are not present on my system after the installation it would make sense for the menu update to fail. I do however have the required icon files that are referred to in vpsettings.cfg (such as for example Bitmaps\Icons\vintyri_cc.bmp)
  • We think we've pinpointed the cause of this problem as being an older version of CC3MenuConfig.exe from ProFantasy. Several of us finally have been able to duplicate it when we have this older version.

There are two ways to solve this problem on your machine:

1) Install the new Dundjinni Archives Vol. 3. It contains a fix.

2) Mail me all of the .mnu files in (Data Folders)\Profantasy\CC3Plus)

info@vintyri.org

Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri Project
  • I have tried solution 1 now, but the problem remains. the files that the vpsettings.cfg refers to are still missing. The modified date on CC3MenuConfig.exe is 06-Nov-2015 so it doesn't appear to be changed. Of course I'm not aware of exactly what the fix would be that's in the Dundjinni Archives Vol. 3.

I am going to try and install Bogie's Mapping Objects and see if that will install the missing mnc files and perhaps fix the menus that way. I will post the results of that exercise here.
    edited September 2016
    Posted By: SilverdropI have tried solution 1 now, but the problem remains. the files that the vpsettings.cfg refers to are still missing. The modified date on CC3MenuConfig.exe is 06-Nov-2015 so it doesn't appear to be changed.
    I don't like hearing that. We ran a bunch of experiments on the weekend and in every case, the May 6, 2015, version refused to fun the .cfg file, but the Nov. 6 version worked in every case.
    I am going to try and install Bogie's Mapping Objects and see if that will install the missing mnc files and perhaps fix the menus that way. I will post the results of that exercise here.
    I'm looking forward to hearing how that comes out. For most people, CC3MenuConfig.exe has been doing its job, but the two of you who reported today are Nos. 7 and 8 where it refuses to do anything. Seeing that it's a ProFantasy file and not ours, there isn't much we can do to fix it other than to custom patch menus.

Before I can send custom menus, I need to know which of these have been installed:

Bogie's Mapping Objects
    CSUAC 2
    Dundjinni Archives Vol 1 Beta
    Dundjinni Archives Vol 3 Beta
    Vintyri Cartographic Collection

Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri Project
  • edited September 2016
    Well installing bogies mapping objects did the trick. The .mnc files that were referred to are now present, and the menu buttons have been added. A quick test seems to indicate everything is also working as it should.

So possibly the problem would be that the files needed to set up the menu icons (vss2_misc.mnc, bogie_redthorn.mnc, csuac_animals.mnc) are not installed. Looking at the vpsettings and what the files are used for it probably just means that csuac_animals.mnc is not getting properly installed by the CSUAC 2 installation (at least on my system), as the other two files seem to be for buttons in the other collections.

Of course I'm just looking at it from the outside, with no inside knowledge about what the installer setup is and what it should be doing. If you want feel free respond to the email I sent today to info@vintyri.org if you want to continue investigating this issue. From my point of view CC3MenuConfig worked as it should, it just did not have the necessary .mnc files to do its job.
    edited September 2016
    EDIT: I sent by accident before this was finished.
    Posted By: SilverdropFrom my point of view CC3MenuConfig worked as it should, it just did not have the necessary .mnc files to do its job.
    That point of view wouldn't bother me at all if it weren't for the fact that the installer does exactly what it should for large numbers of users who have no problems, but it refuses to build menus for a few people. Therefore, I have to look at the only utility that does any work in this area, and that's CC3MenuConfig.exe.

I just ran the setup program again about half an hour ago, to see if it's become corrupted on the server. I cleaned out the installation manually at all points on the test computer, restoring ProFantasy's original .mnu files, erased all of our .mnc files, etc., and compared with the setup folders' content to make sure everything was gone. Our setup programs worked without a hitch on the test computer, as it does for almost everybody.

The problem continues to be that some people have a problem that most don't. I don't know the answer. I don't think that you've found it either. But you are the first person who also has had .mnc files missing. In six other cases, patching with the manually made .mnu flles solved all problems, which indicates that those folks had the .mnc files that you were missing.

Unfortunately, the forum here still is filled with postings from people who say in effect, "I installed this and now that doesn't work." Until I get some indication that there's something we can do about it, I'm afraid I can't do much more with your situation than add it to the stack of such problem reports.
  • My point though is that on my system, looking at the files that are installed CC3MenuConfig.exe could not work correctly as the files it needed were not there. It seems that zaleksf came to a similar discovery. Maybe the common thing with those users it does not work for is that they all did not have the necessary .mnc files when CC3MenuConfig.exe tried to do what it should.

If a large number of users already installed something else that provided the required .mnc files (likely bogies mapping objects) before CSUAC 2, then this problem would not surface because they already had the necessary files before the installation of CSUAC 2 and CC3MenuConfig.exe could work properly.

Note that I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to help you nail down the problem (I'm a software developer myself, I know how frustrating these things can be sometimes)
  • Posted By: SilverdropNote that I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to help you nail down the problem (I'm a software developer myself, I know how frustrating these things can be sometimes)
    Oh, I understand that. I'm retired, but I spent 20 years as a software developer too.
    If a large number of users already installed something else that provided the required .mnc files (likely bogies mapping objects) before CSUAC 2, then this problem would not surface because they already had the necessary files before the installation of CSUAC 2 and CC3MenuConfig.exe could work properly.
    I agree. Except that the Bogie installation does not install the missing CSUAC 2 files.
    My point though is that on my system, looking at the files that are installed CC3MenuConfig.exe could not work correctly as the files it needed were not there. It seems that zaleksf came to a similar discovery. Maybe the common thing with those users it does not work for is that they all did not have the necessary .mnc files when CC3MenuConfig.exe tried to do what it should.
    That could well be. But why didn't those files install for them and they do for others? I have tested each installation isolated, without the others on board and with totally clean CC3+ installations. Except when the May 2015 version of CC3MenuConfig.exe is present, I can't duplicate any of these problems, nor could my alpha testers, some of whom also attempted to do so with clean installations.

I've seen several theories, most dealing with third party secure programs, but I can't verify (or disprove) any of them.
  • edited September 2016
    edit: I had not seen your last post when writing this one
    Posted By: VintyriEDIT: I sent by accident before this was finished.

I just ran the setup program again about half an hour ago, to see if it's become corrupted on the server. I cleaned out the installation manually at all points on the test computer, restoring ProFantasy's original .mnu files, erased all of our .mnc files, etc., and compared with the setup folders' content to make sure everything was gone. Our setup programs worked without a hitch on the test computer, as it does for almost everybody.

The problem continues to be that some people have a problem that most don't. I don't know the answer. I don't think that you've found it either. But you are the first person who also has had .mnc files missing. In six other cases, patching with the manually made .mnu flles solved all problems, which indicates that those folks had the .mnc files that you were missing.

Unfortunately, the forum here still is filled with postings from people who say in effect, "I installed this and now that doesn't work." Until I get some indication that there's something we can do about it, I'm afraid I can't do much more with your situation than add it to the stack of such problem reports.
    I'm not surprised that the manually made .mnu files solved the problem. The way I understand it is that the MNU files are the result of the work of CC3MenuConfig.exe, So if you provide that result manually you effectively bypass CC3MenuConfig.exe and everything works as it should. Once the .mnu files are made the .mnc files are no longer necessary (I assume). So I may be the first (second if you count zaleksf) that has had the .mnc files missing and noticed it. Others may have had them missing too, but with the hard coded mnu files that fixed the problem did not look any further as things were working.

What I would do is take the following steps (if you're still up for it):
    - take a clean system (or make sure that all relevant collections like bogie's and CSUAC and Vintyri are removed>
    - verify that there are no .mnc files in the (Data Folders)\Profantasy\CC3Plus\menu folder
    - verify that there are no buttons shown on that relavnt tool bar
    - Install CSUAC 2 according to the normal procedure
    - Once the installer is at the end, check that at least csuac_animals.mnc is installed under (Data Folders)\Profantasy\CC3Plus\menu
    - If it's there then there is a notable difference between that situation and how the installation happened on my system, which explains why the menu generation doesn't work as it should on my system.
    - if it's not there, but menu generation works as it should anyway then there is something else going on that's quite strange.
    - if it's not there and menu generation fails like it does here then you have reproduced the situation and focus should be on figuring out why the installation does not install that required file.

If you want or need any further info, let me know, I'm always happy to help
    edited September 2016
    Posted By: SilverdropI'm not surprised that the manually made .mnu files solved the problem. The way I understand it is that the MNU files are the result of the work of CC3MenuConfig.exe, So if you provide that result manually you effectively bypass CC3MenuConfig.exe and everything works as it should.
    Halt!

This discussion is getting way too technical for the forum. However, there are people on the forum who know how to code macros, make toolbars, make menus, etc. Silverdrop's remarks above make a lot of logical programming sense, but they also are quite wrong. That, in turn, may confuse some of you who understand some of this, so I'm going to explain what a few things really are or do:

.mnu files make up the menus, toolbars, etc. that you see on the main CC3+ screen. When you're in overland mode, CC3+ uses the menu definitions in a filed called FCW32.mnu. If you switch to City Designer 3, CC3+ rebuilds the toolbars according to the instructions in city.mnu. If you switch to Dungeon Designer 3, CC3+ rebuilds the toolbars according to the instructions in dungeon.mnu. Etc.

----------

CC3MenuConfig.exe is a utility program from ProFantasy that fixes and updates .mnu files. It does that according to instructions in a file with the extension .cfg, known as a configuration file. Ordinarily it uses a configuration file provided by ProFantasy. But one can tell it to use a different configuration file. In our installation, this works just fine with a configuration file that we wrote.
    So I may be the first (second if you count zaleksf) that has had the .mnc files missing and noticed it. Others may have had them missing too, but with the hard coded mnu files that fixed the problem did not look any further as things were working.
    ----------

.mnc files are menu files. In the case at hand, they produce the pull-down menus that appear when one clicks some toolbar buttons. They have absolutely nothing to do with the .mnu files or CC3MenuConfig.exe. They are typed-in files that stand on their own. If they are missing, hard-coded .mnu files would do nothing to create them, nor would CC3MenuConfig.exe. If they're really missing, it would be because I - the person who assembled the setup program - forgot to include them. We know that's not the case because no one but Silverdrop has reported a problem with .mnc files to date ... no alpha tester, no beta tester, no user.

----------
    So I may be the first (second if you count zaleksf) that has had the .mnc files missing
    However, zaleksf didn't have the .mnc files missing. When he added the .mnu files, everything worked.

----------
    What I would do is take the following steps (if you're still up for it):
    - take a clean system (or make sure that all relevant collections like bogie's and CSUAC and Vintyri are removed
    SNIP
    That's been done many times by many people now.
    - if it's not there, but menu generation works as it should anyway then there is something else going on that's quite strange.
    Ainnit the truth, as my Dutch grandfather used to say in English in the U.S.

Summary: The problem with the .mnc files has been reported once to date, by Silverdrop. I haven't the foggiest idea why his machine installed only some of the .mnc files. That should be impossible.

Two problems with CC3MenuConfig.exe are known:

1) Sometimes it runs the CC3+ configuration file rather than the Vintyri configuration. No one knows why this happens at this point, as far as I'm aware. This is rare, but it has happened, and I've seen it.

2) Sometimes it installs toolbar buttons for programs that the user doesn't have. No one knows why this happens at this point, as far as I'm aware. This is rare, but it has happened, and a few users have reported it.

Finally, lest I be misunderstood, I have no problems whatsoever with Silverdrop's posting. It was well-intended, intelligent and well-rooted in good programming logic. It just happened to be wrong on some critical points.
  • I undersood both of you, but I do have a BSc in programming. My installs have worked so far, except when I skipped a step, but its working correctly now.
  • Thanks for the clarification, that actually give me more insight. I mistakenly thought the .mnc files were only needed during menu building. I stand corrected.
    Looking at the .mnc files now, I'm starting to wonder if there perhaps is something going on with the old and the new version of CSUAC. Bear with me for a bit and feel free to correct me if I make a wrong assumption here.

The file referred to in the vpsettings.cfg file is csuac_animals.mnc, but the .mnc files that seem to be needed by the buttons are the ones that start with bl. For the animals one it's bl3_animals.mnc. This last file _IS_ installed by the CSUAC 2 installation, the first one (csuac_animals.mnc) is not.

I decided to take a look at both files to see what was actually in them and see if that yielded a clue and discovered that they are very similar but csuac_animals.mnc seems to be the file for the old (v1?) csuac and bl3_animals.mnc seems to be the file for csuac 2. I did a test and removed (well renamed) the csuac_animals.mnc but kept bl3_animals.mnc intact and checked if the buttons kept on working. Everything worked like before I could switch to all the different CSUAC categories using the buttons. menus popped up and worked. So that would explain why manually made .mnu files worked since the .mnc files that it relied on were actually installed. Menu building through CC3MenuConfig.exe didn't work because the files referred to as the "Required File" parameter wasn't present.

My theory here, and once again, feel free to correct me if this is simply wrong, is that the "Required File" parameters in the vpsettings.cfg refer to the old CSUAC .mnc files even though the "Target File" parameters have been updated to use the CSUAC 2 .mnc files. I think that if the references to csuac_animals.mnc were replaced with bl3_animals.mnc the whole thing would probably work like it should.
    edited September 2016
    You're right. I kept the old .mnc files in the installation to avoid some compatibility problems, although they serve no purpose except to get things through checks. But that, of course, doesn't tell me why they don't install for you.
  • That I don't have an answer to either, not without an insider look at the setup at least. Replacing the old file with the new one in the .cfg file could prevent this problem though. But that of course is not a decision for me to make ;)
  • 1 month later
  • Hello, I just installed CSUAC 2.0, DJ Vol 1-3 and Bogie and mostly it looks fine. But some pictures in the toolbar are missing.
    In the CSUAC/DA Map and Dungeon Dressing there no pictures of the cave floor etc. I got the same Problem partly at other buttons so at the DA Furnishing where the barrels are missing.
    I hope you can help me.
  • I can't help you a whole lot at this point because I don't have much information. But the red Xs make it clear that the symbols weren't installed in the correct location. They certainly weren't installed in (Data Folders)\Profantasy\CC3Plus. The could mean that you picked the wrong location. It also could mean that you didn't download the Dundjinni Archives Volume 2 symbol files and install them. But your screen shot alone gives me no way to tell. My main guess is that the DJ Archives symbols haven't been installed yet. On Page 6 of the PDF Guide, check the theme "The Installation – Phase 1" and see if you did this.
  • I just reinstalled DA Vol 1-3 and it is still the same picture. I used the installation manual and followed all the steps in the manual.
    I installed the Dundjinni Archives Volume 2 with the setup program from http://www.vintyri.org/vintyri/djindex.htm I hope that the Dundjinni Archives Volume 2 symbol files are included in that.
    If not I couldn't find a seperate installation for Dundjinni Archives Volume 2 symbol files.
    To make it clear, I followed the instructions in the manuals, but it didn't work. Maybe I missed something.
  • The setup program only installs the applications and fill styles, not the symbols. My best guess is that you did not do the following, from Page 6 of the installation guide:

<<
    The Installation – Phase 1

• 1. Do not yet run the file dj_vol2_setup.exe. It is important that it be run last.

• 2. First download all of the following files:

http://www.vintyri.org/downloads/dj_vol2_part1.zip (496.197 MB)
    http://www.vintyri.org/downloads/dj_vol2_part2.zip (346.854 MB)
    http://www.vintyri.org/downloads/dj_vol2_part3.zip (684.553 MB)
    http://www.vintyri.org/downloads/dj_vol2_part4.zip (724.500 MB)

• 3. Unzip each of these files into (Data Folders)\Profantasy\CC3Plus.

This installation phase installs only the 10,000+ symbols on the Dundjinni Archives, Volume 2. The application and the nearly 500 new fill styles still must be installed in Phase 2.
    >>
  • Ha thanks, that was the problem. I followed the installation manual for Vol 1 twice. Silly me.
  • edited November 2016
    Hello,
    I've got another problem. The toolbars aren't showing up.
    After I reinstallend DA Vol 1-3 incl. the symbols for 2 the toolbars are missing.
    I reinstalled everythink a second time but they are still missing.
    I hope you can help me.

Edit: I used the VPToolbar tool but it still doesn't work
  • Taken to private E-Mail.
  • Thanks for the fast help, now it works.