Delete hyperlinks between maps

Please can someone tell me how to delete a hyperlink in CC3+ without deleting the object to which it is attached?

Thanks

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I have managed to fudge my way around the problem by deleting the objects and pasting them back from an earlier version of the same map... but I would still like to know how to do it properly :-)
  • edited July 2016
    View>Show Hyperlinks then delete the actual hyperlink boxes around the objects.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited July 2016
    Hyperlinks are created with "hotspot" entities, which are essentially rectangles drawn over (around) other entities. Hotspot entities are hidden by default when CC3 starts but you can toggle them on and off with the View>Show Hyperlinks and View>Hide Hyperlinks menu options, or with the ACTVIS and ACTHIDE commands (the "ACT" is short for "Action," I believe).

Once you show them, you can select them and then modify them. That is, you can move, resize, copy, or delete them like any other entity. You can't rotate them though, because they must be rectangles along the X-Y axis. Sometimes, however, hotspots might be partially obscured, even when they are visible.

An easy way to select them is to do the following:
    1. Click Delete and then right-click to bring up the pop-up menu.
    2. Select Entity Type near the bottom of the pop-up menu.
      A list of entity types displays.
    3. Check the box for Action: 2d hotspot and then cilck OK
      CC3 selects all hotspot entities on the map.
    4. Ctrl+Click any hotspots you do not want to delete.
      The hotspots are de-selected.
    5. Right-click and select Do It.
    Voila!

Note: The "Entity Type" selection may be persistent, meaning it remains until changed. I usually immediately follow with a Change Properties command, select by type, and then de-select my recent selections, just to clear the list. This may not always be the case but it's happened to me enough that I do this just to be sure.

I hope that helps,
    ~Dogtag

EDIT: Shessar beat me to the punch!
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Thank you... BOTH of you. Both methods work perfectly.

I can now get on with the other three maps, only this time I won't be taking a whole afternoon over just one of them.

Thank you very much :-)
  • 7 years later
  • I am so glad topics are not parsed from this Forum. I looked through theTome of Ultimate Mapping manual and this wasn't in there.

Is someone going to work on adding this kind of stuff into the manual for CC4?

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 49 images Cartographer

While the tome doesn't address deleting them directly, it tells you how to show/hide and edit them on page 136.

I try to cover as much as I can for the documentation, but CC3+ is pretty complex so it is difficult covering all the different ways people may be looking for information without making the documentation unwieldy.

But I am always taking suggestions for what to improve.

Don Anderson Jr.