Bogie's Mapping Objects for CC3+ Released (Free)

2»

Comments

• VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    Sorry, Jim, I'm getting confused.
    Posted By: JimPI have to browse to the symbol fsc files and load them that way. Click on the custom toolbar icon and selecting a symbol type doesn't load the symbols into the symbol area on the left hand side of CC3Plus.
    Are you having this problem with the Bogie symbols? What you wrote above suggests that the problems are with everything. The following sentence suggests that this is not the case.
    The Bogie symbols show up fine.
    And then ...
    After more testing, I remembered I hadn't installed the CSUAC symbols in CC3+ yet.
    Did the CSUAC toolbar icons show up even though you hadn't installed the CSUAC. If so, something isn't working right, and I'd like to track it down.

As to your first posting, I don't know exactly how the files were corrupted internally. Some people could unzip the zip file and run setup. Others, including me yesterday, got a CRC error message from the zip file. We never used this installer program to create setup files before. Apparently it ignores bad content in its own packed file and installs what it can, ignoring the rest but throwing up no error messages. Several people told me that they installed without problems but had (always the same) PNG files missing. I couldn't duplicate that because I couldn't unzip the download file.

This problem will affect anyone who downloaded between 11 p.m. Sunday and 10 a.m. yesterday (Wednesday) European time. Those time are an hour later than in London and six hours later than in New York. The problem at the host affected seven download files on our website, but only three of them were CC3+-relevant.
  • edited July 2016
    Hi,

I can confirm that I got the toolbar icons both for CSUAC and Vintyri Collection without having those installed. I took it as incentive to do so and after copying the extracted images it worked without problem. As I downloaded the CSUAC and Vintyri Collection after the first install (with the corrupted file), I cannot if the "problem" persists with the corrected installation file.
    Posted By: silikoneiI can confirm that I got the toolbar icons both for CSUAC and Vintyri Collection without having those installed.
    In which toolbars did they appear?

Overland toolbar??
    Dungeon Designer 3 toolbar?
    City Designer 3 toolbar?

Did this happen after installing with the Setup program or by unzipping files into the CC3Plus folder?
    I cannot if the "problem" persists with the corrected installation file.
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand this sentence. You cannot do what if the problem persists?
  • edited July 2016
    I also got the CSUAC and Vintyri collection icons before installing them too, but I thought it was a feature. they both worked perfectly after installing the collections. The CSUAC icons appear on all 3 menus.

Here are how the menus appeared for me

Overland Toolbar

Tgrq9yI.png

Dungeon Designer 3 Toolbar

Aq7KIuH.png

City Designer 3 toolbar

TW7fb2U.png
  • edited July 2016
    Posted By: Vintyrim sorry, but I don't understand this sentence. You cannot do what if the problem persists?
    Hi sorry. It was to early to think :). I try to describe it more clearly:

1) After installing the first time via the installer with the corrupted file I got the menu icons exactly like mattekure (without any function behind the CSUAC and Vintyri menu icons)
    2) Before trying the corrected file I extracted the CSUAC and Vintyri files and now the menu icons worked perfectly
    3) Now after installing the new version of Bogie's Symbols (with the installer and the CSUAC and Vintyri files already extracted) everything works. I dont know what the "new" installer does, if the CSUAC and Vintyri files are not installed.

Besides: Great work and thanks for your effort.

Cheers :-)
  • Posted By: mattekureI also got the CSUAC and Vintyri collection icons before installing them too, but I thought it was a feature. they both worked perfectly after installing the collections. The CSUAC icons appear on all 3 menus.
    Here are how the menus appeared for me
    Overland Toolbar

Dungeon Designer 3 Toolbar

City Designer 3 toolbar
    Mark, the above is what I saw in my CC3+ installation, without CSUAC being installed. The toolbars were there, but I hadn't installed CSUAC yet.

Wednesday night I installed all of CSUAC and the menus showed me the sybols in the symbol part of CC3+ on the left side of the mapping area.

Before I realized I hadn't installed CSUAC in CC3+, I had exited CC3+, loaded it, no symbols. Then I tried all toolbar icons for CSUAC, nothing. I then browsed to the Symbol folders, and realized I hadn't installed CSUAC at all under CC3+ as the folders weren't there.

I just checked all of them... and noticed under CD3, in CC3+, that I don't seem to have installed all of them. Midieval Copper Roof Parts Catalogue, and Midieval Miscellanious Objects Catalog aren't there. If someone could let me know what file those are in, I would appreciate it. I'm sure this lack is all my fault.

No CRC error, I saw those back in the late 1980s and early 1990s. So I know what they look like.

No error messages upon installing any of this. I had already tried the first corrupted file, no error messages at any time, but I did notice red Xs. The Bogie symbols all worked fine after I downloaded the corrected file you posted this week.

I've re-read the above several times. Added/corrected my text, I hope its not confusing. If it is, please let me know. I try to be articulate, but I do fail at it.
  • The roof catalogs are all part of the excellent Vintyri Cartographic Collection here: http://www.vintyri.org/vintyri/vccindex_cc.htm

So from their site, you can now get 3 different but all excellent catalogs, the Vintyri Collection, the CSUAC and now the Bogie collection. the installer for the bogie collection seems to make the toolbar so all 3 are available but with different buttons depending on whether you are in the overland, city or dungeon view.

Mark, the above is what I saw in my CC3+ installation, without CSUAC being installed. The toolbars were there, but I hadn't installed CSUAC yet.

Wednesday night I installed all of CSUAC and the menus showed me the sybols in the symbol part of CC3+ on the left side of the mapping area.

Before I realized I hadn't installed CSUAC in CC3+, I had exited CC3+, loaded it, no symbols. Then I tried all toolbar icons for CSUAC, nothing. I then browsed to the Symbol folders, and realized I hadn't installed CSUAC at all under CC3+ as the folders weren't there.

I just checked all of them... and noticed under CD3, in CC3+, that I don't seem to have installed all of them. Midieval Copper Roof Parts Catalogue, and Midieval Miscellanious Objects Catalog aren't there. If someone could let me know what file those are in, I would appreciate it. I'm sure this lack is all my fault.

No CRC error, I saw those back in the late 1980s and early 1990s. So I know what they look like.

No error messages upon installing any of this. I had already tried the first corrupted file, no error messages at any time, but I did notice red Xs. The Bogie symbols all worked fine after I downloaded the corrected file you posted this week.

I've re-read the above several times. Added/corrected my text, I hope its not confusing. If it is, please let me know. I try to be articulate, but I do fail at it.
  • edited July 2016
    Well, it seems I messed up again! I'd been so busy working on my city map I never got around to installing Bogie's final release. So, since I'm taking a break ATM, I decided to go ahead and install it( I was still under the last beta).

As far as I can tell, I followed.the directions exactly. I backed up the 4 necessary files (they are currently in my tutorials folder), then erased the .imn as directed. My cc3+ is in the default location, so I didn't need to worry about that.

I installed the Bogies.setup.exe(running as admin), and followed through step hey step.

The DOS file said something about the menu config.exe not recognized?

I've lost my custom toolbars, and the background for my symbols and my main window is black. I also, once again, have the CA3 icon, even though I don't own it.

Ive closed and reopened cc3+ 4 times after clicking on the hammer and setting up the custom toolbar. This is probably an easy.fix... I just need to know what that is. :)
    Hmmm. You've given me a lot of information, but some of the key points are missing.

So ... first point:

1. Close CC3+

2. Open the Windows File Explorer and goo to your (Data Folders)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus folder. This is NOT C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus !

3. See if a file name VPToolbarFix.bat is there. If it is, make a double click on the file's symbol are run it. If it isn't, you didn't install correctly.

See if that fixes anything.

I don't know what's wrong with your installation because I have too little information. If this doesn't fix things, then I suspect that things are installed in the wrong place. This installation is working (verified) on a lot of PCs, so something is wrong on your machine, but before I can help you fix it, I need to know what's wrong. If you still have problems after th3e above, let me know.

But I also remember for tonight that here in Germany it's slowly getting to be sleepy time down south (in Bavaria).
    edited July 2016
    To everyone who gotten too many toolbar icons:

In the end, this toolbar build worked for all beta testers. However, there's a worm in this apple that's beyond our reach. In the beta test phase, it caused a lot of people a lot of problems. It's a file from ProFantasy named CC3MenuConfig.exe. This file has caused quite a number of problems, but it also is necessary to build toolbars and menus.

We've had a lot of discussions and so have some of our beta testers in the past week about this troublesome utility. I've been spending a lot of time today trying to duplicate your experiences without success. Before I can move on, I really need to know if those of you who who had the CSUAC and Vintyri icons installed without theose apps being installed:

-- installed with the setup program

--or installed with the ZIP alternative that unzips all of the files into the CC3Plus data level.
  • Well, I have the vptoolbarfix.bat, and I tried to run it,. I think I did...it opened for a split second, then closed. I even tried running as admin....it didn't change anything.
  • Hey, why do my toolbars for the CSUAC look different than Jims?
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    That's a real weird looking set up, Lorelei, if you don't mind me butting in here.

You don't seem to have any of the new icons, but I thought we'd all had them for some time now.
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited July 2016
    Posted By: LoreleiHey, why do my toolbars for the CSUAC look different than Jims?
      I quoted someone else, thats not a screenshot of my icons.

Your screenshot doesn't look like you have 'custom icon bar 3' on. You can find it by clicking on the hammer, next to the Grid button.
    • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
      edited July 2016
      Here are mine. First one is with Overland selected, second is with Dungeon Designer selected, and third one is with City Designer selected. This is all in CC3Plus.
      edited July 2016
      Sorry, folks. You're victims of the time difference between Europe and the U.S.A. Sooner or later I go and get my good night's sleep, and when I do that, your waking day still has a number of hours left in it.

I'm going to handle the problems that LadieStorm and Lorelei mentioned by E-Mail, because they aren't general forum issues. Both were betatesters and their problems are different from those of regular users.

For those who have been looking at the pictures above, Lorelei has different icons because her installation still is at an early beta stage before the toolbar update was finished.

On the "too many toolbars" issue also discussed above: I can't do anything more until I get an answer to the questions that I posed in Post #44 above.
      Before I can move on, I really need to know if those of you who who had the CSUAC and Vintyri icons installed without theose apps being installed:

-- installed with the setup program

--or installed with the ZIP alternative that unzips all of the files into the CC3Plus data level.
      I used the setup program
      Posted By: silikoneiI used the setup program
      If I recall correctly, you since also have installed the CSUAC and the Vintyri Collection.
    • edited July 2016
      Yes. I used the setup program based/with the corrupted archive and got the menu icons. When I used the corrected setup program I had the other collections installed in the meantime. Would it be helpful to remove all components and try a fresh install?
      edited July 2016
      Posted By: silikoneiWould it be helpful to remove all components and try a fresh install?
      No. What would have been interesting would have been to know the content of some folders before you installed Vintyri and the CSUAC. Something kicked off the installation of the Vintyri and CSUAC icons. and I would have searched for the cause if the old status still was intact.
      Now that Update 7 for CC3+ has been released, it's very important that Bogie users switch toolbar icons after installing Update 7.

For details, please see this posting:

http://http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=6230.
    • 8 days later
    • SorpawSorpaw Newcomer
      Hmm. Since I have not purchased CC3+ yet, the Bogie symbols are important when I consider updating to CC3+. Does
      "I know some users disagree, but we think that CC3+ has come along far enough that it's time for folks to move up. Making two versions is extra work for us. We (the Vintyri Project) have decided not to support CC3 in future products. However, CC3 users still will be able to download the CC3+ packages and import the symbols into CC3, if they choose. The CC3+ catalogs, toolbars, etc., will not work with CC3." mean that these symbols do not play well with others or CC3/CC3+ maps? What about maps that were made prior to CC3 (like CC2 and so on)? Can you mix symbols?

Curiously,

Sorpaw
    • I have mixed them, and you can change them to the newer ones... but I suggest redoing your maps.

I originally made around 2,000 maps in CC2 and early CC3. I've changed those out to be later CC3 and starting in on CC3Plus.
      Posted By: Sorpaw(Does this) mean that these symbols do not play well with others or CC3/CC3+ maps? What about maps that were made prior to CC3 (like CC2 and so on)? Can you mix symbols?
      As far as Bogie's Mapping Objects are concerned, the symbols and fill styles (PNG) will work fine in CC3, but the catalog files (FSC), the templates (FCT) and the toolbars will not work in CC3. The same goes for the Vintyri Cartographic Collection and the new CSUAC 2, which still is in late stages of development. The raw graphical files are compatible with both CC3+ and CC3 but the rest of the applications is not compatible.

CC2 and CC2 Pro use only vector symbols. The Bogie and Vintyri collections and CSUAC 2 contain no vector material.
    • Excellent, and thanks to all involved! I did notice that when I installed the Bogie MO's, the new toolbar also added buttons for CSUAC and Vintyri objects...which I have not installed yet.
      Question: Should I uninstall Bogie's MO's and start installing w CSUAC and then Vintyri then Bogie again, or is it safe now to just add both of these to my CC3+?
      edited August 2016
      Posted By: templar12when I installed the Bogie MO's, the new toolbar also added buttons for CSUAC and Vintyri objects...which I have not installed yet.
      This phenomenon is a bit of a puzzle to us. It doesn't affect most users, but you're the sixth who's experienced it. At the center of this problem is a ProFantasy utility file named CC3MenuConfig.exe, which limits our ability to deal with this problem somewhat.
      Question: Should I uninstall Bogie's MO's and start installing w CSUAC and then Vintyri then Bogie again, or is it safe now to just add both of these to my CC3+?
      There's no need to uninstall Bogie's Mapping Objects. I would install the CSUAC next, and then - as explained in the installation guide - move the file fcw32.imn out of the CC3+ data folder, after that, the Vintyri collection.

However, there's another alternative. Looking at our current state of progress, you also could skip the CSUAC for awhile until we have the CSUAC 2.0 available. We think that will be mid-September at the latest.
    • Thank you, Vintyri! Hmmmm1 CSUAC 2.0!? I can't wait!