Need some help with insert png

I just got the CC3+ bundle with CD and DD. I've messed around with it a little bit and am ready to start mapping. I have a map in a .png I want to insert on a layer so I can trace it on another. I've gotten this to work in a couple of other dry runs, but this time after I import the .png, as soon as I zoom in the inserted .png disappears. The .png consists of whitespace with a 5 pixel coast outline and some blue tapered brushwork (This was done in GIMP). I tried setting the bitmap options to opaque, but no luck.

Here's exactly what I do
Created a sheet and named it import
1) Click Draw, Insert File
2) Select the .png (size 2000x2000, 467k) Use the absolute path (the other option is greyed out)
3) click in the upper left corner. press control and click in the lower right corner
4) The map is now inserted.
Create a layer named trace
5) Select freehand tool
6) Switch to trace layer
7) Zoom in with the mouse wheel.

On the first click the inserted image disappears. I reselect the import layer. Nothing is there except the original layout background.

Saving the file after insert does not keep the insert.

Halp! I have included the .png

Comments

• Correction to my OP:

I have been doing this in the layers, not sheets. I am confused about the difference, but I did go through the same process with some test maps before.

I DO NOT use the icon on the left side of the screen that says Sheets and Effects, I have been clicking on the bar in the middle upper right that has the Layer title.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Layers are just a labeling/organizing tool, while Sheet handle the display order of everything. it sounds like you inserted png is on a sheet behind other entities, that's why it seems to disappear.

- Open the Sheets & Effects dialog (either through the button on the left or the sheets indicator at the top "S:NAME of SHEET".
    - Add a new sheet called "BITMAP" and make that the current sheet. It's now the last in the list, meaning it will be displayed after everything else, making it visible above everything.
    - Move it up in the list until it is just above the "Coastline" sheet. That way your sketched coastline will be visible above the inserted bitmap.
    - Now close the sheet dialog and insert your bitmap.
    - Start tracing your coastline.

Hope that helps!