Vintyri Fill Style Collection Now Available for CC3+

Awhile back, I posted that as soon we Vintyri™ Project members finished our Jörðgarð™ campaign setting module "Draug Hunters," I personally would be freed to go back to work on a CC3/CC3+ conversion of our Vintyri Cartographic Collection. If that means nothing to you, that's OK. It's a collection of more than 100 raster graphic fill styles and about 1,500 raster symbols. Unfortunately, they were designed for other software. To make them not only available to CC3 and CC3+ but also is a form that uses the special abilities of CC3, CC3+, DD3 and CD3 takes quite a bit of time.

We've released "Draug Hunters," and I'm now back at work on the CC3/CC3+ conversions. The agreement that I have with my two partners gives me at least a fixed amount of time in which they are not allowed to bother me. What's more, even if I have a time overrun, they are not allowed to bother me until I have the CC3 version of our fill styles and Vintyri Symbol Set 2 converted for CC3+ and Vintyri Symbol Set 3 converted for both CC3 and CC3+.

That's what I'm working at present, and the first release is available now: The Vintyri Fills & Textures collection for CC3 and CC3+. This is a collection of more than 100 fill styles that can be added to your CC3 or CC3+ installation. Most of the fills are landscape raster graphics for overland maps, but there also are dungeon floors and city surfaces, such as cobblestone, included. The attached graphic is a sample card that shows some but not all of the fill styles.

The download package also includes drawing wizards and templates. In addition, for DD3 and CD3 users, there also are additional drawing wizards and templates for both. This collection has been available for CC3 for about three years, but this is the first version that has been updated for CC3+.

CC3 users who already have installed version 4.01 will gain nothing at all by installing this new Version 4.1. That said, the new installation is easier than it was for Version 4.01. To help you install without losing a drop of sweat, the new package also includes a free, 28-page illustrated and bookmarked PDF that shows you step for step how to install and use the new fill styles. They will not interfere with those that you already have.

To get this free package and the accompanying PDF, go to:

http://www.vintyri.org/vintyri/vccindex_cc.htm

Our next release will be a new conversion of Vintyri Symbol Set 2 that also works with CC3+. After that, I'll be working on a CC3/CC3+-Version of Vintyri Symbol Set 3, "Artisans and Commerce." This is the set that includes mills, butcher shops, chandler shops, bakeries, smithies, tanneries, wainwrights and a windmill. It's the set the CC3 users have asked us for the most. The Vintyri raster symbols are based on genuine historical structures from the European Middle Ages.

Please note that the Vintyri Project is a non-profit organization. Our products all are offered free on an open source, open gaming basis. We sell nothing. We neither solicit nor accept donations. We do no kickstarters.

Comments