Arcane

Tyrne
Just the start of my campaign world in CC3. Much work left to do with it. I'm trying to figure out how to use my maps with Google Map API so I can add a Google map version of my world to my web site. I will add more pictures as I get more work done.

Comments

• This is really cool!!! One of my favorite styles of maps. Thanks for sharing. :)

Was this a style from one of the annuals? I don't do many overland maps anymore, but I keep debating getting the 2007 annual anyway. If this template is available in the annual, I just might have to get it.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited March 2008
    Posted By: ShessarWas this a style from one of the annuals? I don't do many overland maps anymore, but I keep debating getting the 2007 annual anyway. If this template is available in the annual, I just might have to get it.
    Annual 2007, January: Mercator Style Pack

I'll highly recommend the 2007 annual (And the 2008 one so far)
  • DkarrDkarr Traveler
    I really like what you've done with this map.

Great work.
  • 10 days later
  • wow thats pretty nice....thanks for sharing...
  • 8 days later
  • HighLand Piper:

Nice job! I also am creating a world map in the Mercator style that you used from the 2007 Annual (January issue). When I get mine done I will post it here on the 'show and tell' topic. Did you use the Fractal World Pro?
  • "Did you use the Fractal World Pro? "

I used Pro Fantasy's Fractal Terrains Pro. I like using it to keep the scales the same between maps.
  • 28 days later
  • Doing a bit more work on my game world. Wish I had more time to work on it

Photobucket

I have most of the political borders added. Now to do the major cities and roads.
  • 11 days later
  • Highland_PiperHighland_Piper Surveyor
    edited May 2008
    Finally figured out how to do a spinning globe.
  • 2 months later
  • Getting a bit more time on my campaign world. I thought it was about time that I show the Mana Zones, Ley Lines, Mana Source and Mana Sinks. The image is 800 x 600 so the Mana Sinks are hard to spot (orange dots) but the Mana Source is normall at the ends of the Ley Lines. This is a campaing world for GURPS

Tir-Norel

In my campaign mana moves in its own pattern kind of like the weather. So its never the same every day but still has its zones and "climates"
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
  • Would love to know how you got the spinning globe. Ive never quite figured that one out. Any information on that would be wonderful.
    edited August 2008
    @Highland_Piper:
    Looks like quite an interesting world you have there. Nice map too.
    Posted By: Raven_StarhawkeWould love to know how you got the spinning globe. Ive never quite figured that one out. Any information on that would be wonderful.
    A spinning globe is quite simple.
    First, you need to use the File -> Export -> Spin View Image Sequence in FT to export the individual frames that make up the animation. The more frames you tell it to make, the smother the animation. I recommend saving them as Windows Bitmap images and not Jpeg when you are going to make an animation from them.

Then, you need some kind of software that can make gif animations. I use Animation Shop which came with my copy of Paint Shop Pro. My copy is kind of old, so I don't know if that component are still shipping, but there should be several programs out there capable of making gif-animations. You can probably use a movie-editing program as well for this, as most of those can import images as single frames. Most of those can't save to a .gif file, so you would end up with a .avi/.mpg/.wmv file if you used those.

In any case, the program you use should have the option of adding the images you just exported from FT as individual frames to the animation. After they are added, it should just be a matter of hitting save, and you have your animation.
    In Animation Shop, I use the Animation Wizard to quickly assemble all the images into a final animation. It takes you trough the process in easy steps.
  • 11 days later
  • With the new Terraformer out for FT I thought I'd try it out. I still need to tweak my world as FT only put a couple of climate types on my map.

Trynë 3
    Nice. That globe looks very good now.
  • What Program did you use to make that globe High Land Piper?
    He used Fractal Terrains with the Terraformer add-on. If you don't already have this add-on, you can download it from your registration page, assuming you have a registered copy of FT.