CSUAC for CC3+ - Full Install Instructions.

Comments

• How does this work with the latest update?
  • Posted By: jpstodwftexasWell I got all the pngs in but no Catalog
    I'm sorry that it has taken me a few days to get back to you on this. Life gets in the way at times. :\

What exactly do you mean "no catalog"? Do you mean that the catalogs are blank, or that they have red x's, or....? I want to help you get these installed, but need more info.

Posted By: DiscoSoupHow does this work with the latest update?
    Everything should work fine as is. Let me know if anything seems broken. :)
  • I need help getting the custom toolbar to appear after reinstallation of CC3+.

I had CSUAC installed according to the instructions above and it all worked like a charm. Then, because reasons, I reinstalled CC3+ along with the DD3 and CD3 addons. When I proceeded to re-copy the CSUAC folders, the different folders and files were already in place (I guess Windows Uninstall did not remove them). Anyway, when I now add the 'custom tool bar 3' in my re-installed CC3+, no icons show up. I have tried all placement options (left/right/up/down) for what it's worth and I made sure to restart CC3+ after any changes.

Any help is appreciated! I'm not computer-illiterate, but I am a newbie to CC3+ and I cannot think of a solution to my problem at this time.

Thanks in advance,
    Anders
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Have you added your menu configuration back in (Step 3 in the first post in this thread). Even if the artwork and catalogs where still in place, the menu files would have been overwritten.
  • Monsen,

Thanks for the quick reply! The fcw32.imn file was still present in my CC3Plus folder - I checked the contents and it is still identical to the one in the menu folder. (That's weird in and of itself if it should have been overwritten...) Anyway, the .imn file is in place and still no toolbar.
    That's weird. It is common that the icons doesn't show up immediately when showing the toolbar (I assume you can see the empty toolbar), but a click on the dungeon button (or any other menu button) should fix it (restarting cc3+ also works). I assume that your fcw32.imn file is located in the root of the CC3Plus folder, and not in the menu subfolder (or any other subfolder)?

Maybe try closing down CC3+, deleting the fcw32.imn file, and then copy in a new one from the zip file attached to the first post.
  • I can indeed see the empty toolbar. Nothing happened when I clicked on the other menu buttons.

I tried deleting and replacing the fcw32.imn file like you suggested but no results there. Maybe I should just uninstall it all again, manually delete all CC3Plus folders and start from scratch. Any other ideas before I pull the trigger? :)
    edited July 2015
    I don't think reinstalling will really fix anything, as this is basically just a simple menu config issue. (Except forcing you to do everything again, which may help if you made a mistake somewhere we haven't been able to identify)

Try adding the entries to dungeon.mnu instead (Make a backup copy of the file before editing, these files are a bit vulnerable to minor mistakes), then start cc3+ and switch to the dungeon designer menu set. Can you see the icons then?
  • edited July 2015
    AndersMolin, A few things that I would try.

If you are running on a Windows OS, close out CC3+ and restart your system.

In the Screen Tools Button (the hammer) set the icon size to small.(Checkmark at bottom) Restart CC3+. Then set the size to large icons again. Restart CC3+.

Triple check that the .imn file is in C:ProgramData\ProFantasy\CC3Plus. Yes, I know you've checked, but check one more time.

If it still doesn't show up, can you click where the buttons should be and get them to work?
  • Shessar, thanks for your input!

I tried restarting Windows and all your other suggestions, including re-checking the .imn file location. Still no buttons. I tried clicking everywhere on the blank tool bar but no response.

Monsen, I could not find any dungeon.mnu file anywhere in my ProFantasy folder. Where should it be located?

Night falls on my time zone; I'll come back to this tomorrow with fresh eyes. Thanks to both of you so far!
    You did say you had DD3 installed for CC3+, so you should have a dungeon.mnu file. It should be located in the same place as the other menu files, like fcw32.mnu, city.mnu and fcw32.imn, by default in c:\ProgramData\ProFanatsy\CC3Plus.
  • Posted By: AndersMolinNight falls on my time zone; I'll come back to this tomorrow with fresh eyes. Thanks to both of you so far!
    These are just a few more random thoughts/questions...

Are you running both CC3 and CC3+? If you are running both, make sure that you are starting up the correct program.

Did you run the newest update for Plus (Update 2)? Try running it again.

Are the standard CC3+ and DD3+ catalog buttons working as expected?

Monsen's idea of putting the .imn contents into dungeon.mnu is a good one, though it doesn't seem right that it isn't working as a stand alone file. If none of this works, then I'm stumped.
  • Ok, here's an update to my situation:

Stuff got weird when I started to look into the mnu files. It turns out I had no dungeon.mnu, no city.mnu, and no fcw32.mnu files in my CC3Plus folder... The buttons were in place in the program though, with normal functionality.

Also, when using Character Artist I have created a folder called 'User Portraits' for my own creation. This morning, I could not find the folder using Windows File explorer, but it showed up when using the in-software Open... dialog. I could open and save files to the folder as usual from within the program, but browsing or searching for the same files using File explorer did not turn up any results... Had my Windows Lore skill been higher, I might have figured out what was going on. Since I couldn't, I decided evil spirits have possessed my system.

Chopping off a hand to save the arm, I uninstalled all ProFantasy software (CC3+, DD3, CD3, CC3, CA3) and manually removed all folders. Reinstalling just CC3+ and Update 2, I got the CSUAC bundle to work again with no problems. After I added CD3 and DD3, I noticed two of the icons in the custom tool bar (Animals and Creatures) are no longer showing, but they are clickable and work as they should.

I haven't yet reinstalled CC3 and CA3, but I'm guessing they will cause no trouble with CC3+. So to sum it up, I now have a functioning software setup (minus two toolbar buttons) and I have no clue as to what was going on with my previous install...

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to help me out! If I eventually figure out was went wrong, I'll post another update here. Otherwise, I'll just go back to actually using the software :)
  • Posted By: AndersMolin After I added CD3 and DD3, I noticed two of the icons in the custom tool bar (Animals and Creatures) are no longer showing, but they are clickable and work as they should.
    You may be using an older copy of the .imn file. See THIS POST for the fix.

I'm glad you got it working!
  • 8 days later
  • edited July 2015
    Hi, I've a problem. As can be seen in the top screenshot, though I *do* have a ProgramData folder, I can't get at it (in Win7 Home Pro it looks like it's a hidden, system file). I've got " Program Files " and " Program Files (x86) " in my C:\ drive and the ProFantasy folder is in the latter.

Trouble comes further if you look at the second screenshot, I've got precious little in CC3Plus and I have a history of messing my ProFantasy installations to the extent that if I uninstall them, I can't reinstall them again. Please could you walk me through putting what where?

Thanks.

Helen

PS Doesn't matter what computer I've had, the CC3Plus folder has always been rather empty even if I've installed CC3 after Plus.
    ProgramData is hidden by default. To access it, you can either bring up folder options and tell windows to show hidden files and folders, or you can simply type %ALLUSERSPROFILE% into the location bar in your explorer window (erase what is already there first), and it will take you to the folder.
  • KazKaz Newcomer
    Posted By: Shessar
    Posted By: reggattaAs an addendum to my post a few seconds ago: I can click in the empty space on the custom toolbar number 3, and the icon menu for humanoids and animals will show up. So, it will work. However, I'm still curious what happened to the actual icons and how I may retrieve/activate them.
    Reggatta, If you followed the link that seycyrus gave you and you still have this problem I need to know if you have all three updates (CC3+, DD3+, and CD3+)?

If not, which do you have?
    If anyone else has this same problem in the future, it was fixed for me by just upgrading to CC3+ Update 2 (3.67).

I had a fresh install (thanks to a hard drive crash) of CC3+, DD3 and CD3 both for CC3+ Everything worked fine on the install, but I had the exact same problem as reggatta - icons for Animals and Humanoids were invisible, but would work if the blank space was clicked.

Thanks to all involved for the resources and the info to get them into my maps. :)
  • 20 days later
  • edited August 2015
    Not sure what I did wrong. I only did the CSUAS install as a test run.

here is the error I'm getting:

photo fig 1_zpserhrdz0x.png

here is the file directory: it doesn't seem to match the above example.

photo fig2_zps6jsdl8ta.png
    You have pasted the contents of the zip to the wrong directory, you have everything inside Symbols\CSUAC instead of at the root of the CC3+ data directory.. Check the first post in this thread fo the exact locations to put the content.
  • Ok, I was wondering about that but was confused by the directions vs the image.

I have it here and I'm getting the same error message

photo Untitled_zpswdavqwqu.png

Does it go in Profantasy, or does it go Profantasy>CC3+

here is how it is now:

photo Untitled_zpsjz10afc2.png

I appreciate the help. this is all a bit confusing for me.
    Paste the contents of the zipfile inside the ProFantasy directory. The zipfile contains a single directory, CC3Plus, so when pasted into the ProFantasy directory, it will merge with your existing CC3Plus directory already there.
  • Ok, I seem to have solved that problem. Well, you did, anyway. I see where my error was and now I have that piece working. But...

Now I have this:

photo Untitled_zpstzhgoqg8.png

Near as I can tell from Shessar's post earlier in this thread, this is how the directory should now look, so I'm not sure where I am going wrong.

again, thanks for the help!!

I appreciate all of you help, btw.
    That seems correct, but what is the paths for your actual image files? The red x'es indicates that the art files (images) are not in the correct location.
  • I'm such a %$&#*##& idiot. loading the image files would be helpful.

I'm good to go now. Thanks for your help and patience!!
    You're welcome. Have fun mapping.
  • 2 months later
  • I'm curious if it is possible to install/use CSUAC outside the profantasy directory structure (in order to allow both CC3 and CC3+ to both access a single installation of the CSUAC).

I installed CC3 in "c:/ProFantasy/cc3/" and setup my CC3+ data directory in "c:/ProFantasy/cc3+/". I was considering putting CSUAC in "c:/ProFantasy/csuac/" and having cc3 and cc3+ both access it from there.

Will this work? Will it cause problems?
    edited October 2015
    No, it won't work. This is because the symbol catalog files refer to the installation directory/data directory for the images. You will have to rebuild the symbol catalog files yourself if you want to do this.
    If you are comfortable with directory junctions and symbolic links in the NTFS filesystem, you can use this to your advantage, but if this isn't something you are familiar with, I don't recommend trying it.
  • Thanks Monsen, that's what I needed.

I have no problem doing that sort of work but it sounds like a large time commitment better spent elsewhere. I was hoping it would just take a mass find and replace for all the path references but it sounds like a bit more than that.

Guess it won't really hurt anything to have duplicate installs. Thanks for the response!
  • 9 days later
  • soooooooo. im not sure what i am doing wrong. i have updated to the latest version (3.69). I have everything in correct folders (i think). i have restarted numerous times. i can never seem to get the custom toolbar to have icons on it. any clue?
    root.jpg 550.5K
  • my fcw32.imn file looks like this.