CC3+ Problems

2»

Comments

• Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    Posted By: sdavies2720Ooh -- that's not good. I have a tiny solid state drive for C: that I try not to load much onto. I really don't want CC3+ loaded on this disk, even if the data is being placed elsewhere. Can that be changed before the CC3+ release is finalized?
    The CC3 Plus program folder is a grand total of 30MB. How tiny is tiny? The smallest SSD drive I can find is 120GB, so this would represent 0.025% of that.

CC3+ will install where your program files folder is. Microsoft have made it abundantly clear that's where we should install it. It's entirely possible that you could physically move the folder, give it the right permissions and it will run OK, but we have not really tested it.
  • Ok, 30meg is pretty reasonable. Yes, current SSD small drives are about 120gb, but mine's smaller. I guard it carefully -- I have a lot of different programs on the machine and everyone says, "but we're only taking up x." I look at every install and try to move everything I can off c: -- for most programs, that means nothing is on c:. But 30meg's not bad for a program I like.

I wonder if someone's going to have a driveless install or something that causes problems -- but that's theoretical. I can live with this.

Steve
  • I am having this same problem on my windows 8 comp also but, it seems to effect the drawtools of the Schley drawtools by giving them all a water background.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited February 2015
    That's completely unrelated problem. The reason for your problem is trying to use the Schley drawing tools on a non-Schley template (Either because of a bug, or because you have manually changed the style). To fix it, click the Drawing Properties button, and select the style matching the template you are using. This will cause the correct set of drawing tools to be loaded up. If you wish to use the Schley drawing tool, make sure you start your map in the CC3 Mike Schley Overland style. Drawing tools only work on the template they were made for. You can make them work, but that requires importing the fill style used by the tools into your current map. While not really difficult, you are generally better off using the correct tools.
  • Just to chime in, I've seen the same issue reported by Shessar at the top of this thread. I believe I had to do a reinstall to correct it.

-------------------------------
    R A Jacobs
    Learning CC3+ @ Funny-Shaped Dice