CC3 Plus Release and Testing - Please Read This First

2»

Comments

• 16 days later
  • One question. As now we have CD and DD for CC3+, do we also have the extras as "Ultra high resolution artwork", "Random City Command for CD3" or "Shessar's fireplace symbols" oficialy avaiable for CC3+? If yes, could you guys put these extras in the main setup? It woulb be a lot easier in my opinion. Another question. Can we or is it in the plans to have a "sandbox" style in CC3+? Something like one "style" that I select and that have everything already there, like textures, bitmaps, symbols in one catalog, etc.
  • I submitted an official bug report, but wanted to post here too in case someone else ran into the issue. I've tried to fix the problem a few times now but no luck. Basically, after I installed Dungeon Designer 3+, for whatever reason none of the functionality appeared within cc3+. It installed "normally" but none of the buttons, assets or functions appeared in the application. I didn't disable anti-virus software when I installed it as I didn't have to do that when installing CC3. When I went to uninstall CC3+ and DD3+ to do a new install, I got the blue screen of death and an error in file Trufos.sys (which is associated with BitDefender). Now, when I try to uninstall it after another install attempt, it hangs when accessing the network (trying to contact your IP, I assume?), and forces my computer to restart. It's rendered CC3+ unusable for me, and I can't completely uninstall DD3+ as I get an error that the uninstall program can't access the network location \System.
  • 1 month later
  • Long-time purchaser (but not user) of the products. Pretty much have the whole kit and kaboodle, at least as it pertains to fantasy mapping. I would also like to know about timelines for the Annuals as I am finally starting to use this and have realized that I pretty much have to choose between using the Annual styles or CC3+. I know nothing is instantaenous, nor am I demanding such; just an idea of where this lies in the roadmap. Thanks!
  • 28 days later
  • Posted By: TheHucksI submitted an official bug report, but wanted to post here too in case someone else ran into the issue. I've tried to fix the problem a few times now but no luck. Basically, after I installed Dungeon Designer 3+, for whatever reason none of the functionality appeared within cc3+. It installed "normally" but none of the buttons, assets or functions appeared in the application. I didn't disable anti-virus software when I installed it as I didn't have to do that when installing CC3. When I went to uninstall CC3+ and DD3+ to do a new install, I got the blue screen of death and an error in file Trufos.sys (which is associated with BitDefender). Now, when I try to uninstall it after another install attempt, it hangs when accessing the network (trying to contact your IP, I assume?), and forces my computer to restart. It's rendered CC3+ unusable for me, and I can't completely uninstall DD3+ as I get an error that the uninstall program can't access the network location \System.
    I am getting this same issue whenever I try to uninstall city designer 3 for cc3+. Any answers?
  • 24 days later
  • One question. Did the "SS1 - Dark Fantasy Add-On" got included in the update?
  • I received an email this morning. They are separate downloads.
  • I do not see a SS1 CC3+ Update in my Files..receieved email it was ready
  • edited July 2015
    At the downloads & updates tab on your registration page, click on the down-arrow to the right of "Symbol Set 1 v3 - Overland." A pop-up form will appear: on mine, the file used with CC3+ is at the bottom of the list.
  • So frustrated with CC3+ Most of the time now I get stuck on my map with it not switching between symbol sets and the program ends up (not responding) I have a hex grid overlay but this problem started after the latest update. clearing out the Cache seems to do nothing. I also can not use the symbol to draw out areas with anything but desert, no large forest sections unless I lay them all by clicks and the streams/lakes make odd shapes instead of nice rivers and lakes.
    Rather disappointing in the entire program so far it was working much faster and looking nice until I get into details.