How to erase something on Hex mode (or in General - Layers?)

Hello
I'm really sorry but i do have A LOT of difficulties erasing something. I got the technique (click Erase, Select, Do it) but i think i have trouble understanding 'where' is what i seek to erase.

Here, i want to erase the lake i've drawn. The only thing i've managed to do was erasing all the Grid or erasing so the background could be seen.
I think i'm missing something when i want to select things to be erased.
Is it related to the Layer ? The sheet ?

I know this question has popped up a lot but every single time i want to tdo the Erase - Select - Right Click - Do It, i never seem to do it properly.
Thanks :) (and sorry for my lousy English as i'm non native speaker)
Help.jpg 323.3K

Comments

• Logically, you should be able to select the lake by clicking on its edge.

Try to perform a Info->List command on the lake to check the Layer AND if you can select it that way (the LIST command always works on entities whether they are select-able for Erase or not).
    If it works and you get the Layer name, click on the layer indicator (white box top right starting by L:) check if the rightmost box next to the layer's name doesn't show an "F" meaning the layer is frozen. If so, click on this F to thaw the layer.
  • Thank you for your help Joachim and sorry for the late answer. It does work and it was related as i expected in the Sheet Show All / Hode All. I'm still a bit confused about how things works to be honest.

Now, another : I have created a map based on Par Lindstrom design in Annual 6. The maps is done and complete.
    Then, i want to save this map in another file but using Hexagons. Hence, i just have to 'overlap' with hexagon (more or less).
    However i'm stuck with the border.
    I dont know how i did manage this but in green i've been able to overlaps the border (green), then i've done something... and now i cant anymore (red).
    And i've been trying to do it again, i just cant.
    Can someone enlighten me? :)
    Many Thanks
    Help.jpg 151.8K
  • And now, after managing to erase all border (on purpose :)), i have clean the borders of the hewes... want to put the grid back...and bim : The Box is too small.
    So i'm out of clue :(

I dont want to appear negative here, but the learning curve is extremely complex. I really do think it is a great tool, but the interface is definitely something to improve.
    Waiting for the help of someone. thank you.