New Drawing Wizard not showing up

Hi, everyone -

I just installed CC3 on my machine, along with all the add-ons. I began using the tutorial in the Essentials booklet, and when it came time to create a new map, the New Drawing Wizard doesn't show up like it should, it just pops a new 1000x800 map on the screen. I can get to the wizard if I click on the Dungeon or City Menu icons up top, and then click New, but never from the CC3 Map icon.

I've run the CC3 update three times, trying both repair and a fresh install, and I still have the same problem.

I'd appreciate any advice you could offer.

Thanks.

-Jason

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Sounds weird.
    Try running the CC3MenuConfig.exe file in the CC3 installation directory (You'll probably need to right click it and use the run as admin option)

Otherwise, since the wizard is exactly the same no matter which toolbar set you have active when you click new, you can always just click the dungeon menu first each time as a workaround, since you say the new button works normally then.
    Other ways of getting the new map wizard is to select new from the file menu, or simply typing NEWWIZ on the CC3 command line.
  • Thanks for the response, Monsen.

>Try running the CC3MenuConfig.exe file in the CC3 installation directory

Just gave that a shot and it didn't seem to help. The workaround helps, so I moved ahead in the tutorial, and then I began noticing that my toolbar layout is much different than that shown in the pics.

>Other ways of getting the new map wizard is to select new from the file menu

Odd. This didn't work, either.

> or simply typing NEWWIZ on the CC3 command line

But this did.

I have an old install of CC2 Pro on my machine. I wonder if that somehow corrupted my CC3 install, even though they reside in different directories. I think I'm going to try uninstalling everything (CC2, included), and then just do a fresh install of CC3 and relevant CC2 add-ons (Perspectives, Dioramas, Character Artist and Castles!) to see if that helps.

Thank you again for the advice. I'll let you know what happens.

-Jason
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2013
    As long as they reside in different directories, and you did not install any of the old CC2 addons into your CC3 directory, it shouldn't be a problem having both on the same machine. From your description of the problem, it does sound like you might have done that though. If you install the old CC2 add-ons into your CC3 directory, it WILL corrupt your install. When installing the old addons, always use the compatibility updates, never the original installer.
  • I have both on my computer, but as Monsen said, they have to be in different folders.

Mine are C:\CC2
    C:\Profantasy\CC3\

Works on my Vista Home Premium 32-bit computer.
  • Yep, turns out that's what I did to mess myself up. I uninstalled everything and did a fresh install of CC3 and my CC2 bits the proper way, and I'm in business.

Thanks for the help!

-Jason