CC3 suddenly stopped working in Windows 8 x64

About a month ago, I was able to use CC3 just fine. Today I tried to use it, and it doesn't load, at all. When I start it the window comes up, I can see the menu bar, but then it freezes, and the title bar gets a (Not Responding) added to it. The window itself is blank, just a neutral gray. The only thing that's changed is I remember a Windows update going through a week ago or so, but that's it. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but that hasn't helped.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    CC3 always loads the last map on startup, have you checked if that might be the problem? Try to start CC3 by double clicking on a map file in explorer instead of starting the program from the normal shortcut. Use a known good map, such as one of the example maps provided with CC3.
  • Good idea, but doesn't work. I get the same behavior regardless of the map I try and open.
  • 6 days later
  • Solved it. Sorta. I attached a debugger to the stalled process and noticed that the wacom drivers were listed in the active processes. I then remembered that a couple weeks ago I was messing around with my tablet configuration and was installing/uninstalling drivers left and right. Removed all Wacom drivers, and CC3 works fine now. Later I'll put the drivers back on to see if it was a compatibility issue, or if I just corrupted them somehow.