Installed Add On - Symbols Missing

I have CC3 installed, and I installed Fantasy Floorplans symbol set 2. I cannot find these symbols in CC3. Where can I access these symbols? I didn't get any errors when installed SS2.

Thanks.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited July 2013
    There are no separate toolbar buttons for SS2 stuff. To access it, use one or more of the following methods:

- Start a new dungeon map, and chose one of the SS2 styles offered. Now the toolbar buttons should load the SS2 symbols by default for this map.
    - Open the symbol catalogs manually. Click the Open symbol catalog button, and browse to #Symbols\Dungeon\SS2\Bitmap A (Or Bitmap B). Open tone of the catalogs you find here.
    - In any dungeon map, right click the symbol style toggle button and select one of the SS2 styles. The toolbar buttons will now load the symbols from this style when you click them.

You say you have CC3 installed, but you do not mention DD3. All the dungeon tools comes with DD3, so SS2 works best if you have DD3 installed, even if it is not a requirement. If you don't have DD3, the first and third option I gave may not work, since you then won't have the dungeon menu set either, so you will have to use the second option.
  • Thanks for your help. I was able to find the symbols. I guess I need DD3. It was misleading from the SS2 examples. I got the impression that symbols shown in the examples were available in the symbol set, but I realize now that is not true.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited July 2013
    All symbols (and fills) from the examples on the SS2 product page should be available in the set as far as I know.
    But you need DD3 to have the various dungeon tools that makes it much easier to create dungeons/floorplans. SS2 is just a symbol set, and while you can certainly use it without DD3, if your primary use for CC3 will be making floorplans, I would highly recommend DD3 for the extra tools you get.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Monsen is right, the examples should all be created exclusively with the SS2 content. If you point me to an example where you think symbols are missing, I can double-check and let you know where you would find them.
  • 6 days later
  • Ralf, I have similar problem. Here is an example.

I have CC3, DD3, and CD3 installed, plus a pair of symbol sets, for use in fantasy gaming. I want to insert windows into my walls, so I use the DD button, then the Wall Features button. If needed, I can point the symbol catalog to ...Symbols\Dungeons\DD3\DD3 Color\Wall Features, though it usually defaults there. I can see lots of window symbols in the list when I'm in my map, but I know there are more in that very directory. So I click the symbol catalog button again to check. There is one called Window 3' Shuttered_VH.PNG. (This is just an example.) That window has shutters slightly open, each shutter to a different angle. But even if I double-click that and return to my map, it still doesn't show on my symbol list; the same is true of many other symbols.

Usually when I do this, the symbol I've found shows up on the symbol list so I can use it, but not every time. Probably something very simple prevents this, but I'm at a loss to figure it out.

Thanks.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Indeed, the DD3 Wall Features catalog seems to be missing 4 symbols: All the "Window 3'" ones. The png sources are there, but the symbols are not defined in the catalog. I'll be fixing this for the DD3 setup, but in the meantime, you can fix it with the attached file the following way:

1. Save the Wall Features missing.FCW file in a convenient location.
    2. Navigate to your CC3 program directory and then to Symbols/Dungeons/DD3/DD3 Color/ and open "Wall Features.FSC" by double-clicking it.
    3. Go to Symbols > Symbol Manager, click "Import" and import "Wall Features missing.FCW".
    4. Save your catalog. The missing symbols should now always show up.
  • Thanks, Ralf, that worked just fine. Will keep that in mind for future.
  • Neat, I've always thought the selection was a bit sparse there. The shuttered windows are especially useful.