Odd bug, certain tools only working in a small area of the map

To be more specific on my latest map the river, land, sea and terrain fills all only work in a rectangular section of the map. With symbols placing fine outside of it and the road tool somehow ignoring the problem.

I've attached the file and have marked the area I can currently draw in by filling it with the farmland fill. I've gone into other maps and they're working fine, so it seems localised to this map and not a more general problem with CC3. If anyone has any idea what the problem is, or would like more specific information to pin point the problem I'll be glad of the assistance and happily provide it.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I can't open your map right now, but I suspect you have extra entities on the MAP BORDER layer. Certain drawing tools uses the entities on the MAP BORDER layer to determine where they can draw, so that you don't end up drawing part of your landmass outside the map border, instead it will only follow the border exactly in these cases.

Normally, there are only a simple frame on the MAP BORDER layer, made up from lines, which basically dictates the size of the map and where the tools should stop. To fix your problem, you should hide all layers but MAP BORDER, and remove any entites that are in the middle of the map, as these would be the culprits. Either delete them, or move them to another layer.
  • BwenGunBwenGun Traveler
    Thanks for the suggestion Monsen, I've had a look and there doesn't appear to be anything within the Map Border Layer (aside from the base border around the edge of the whole map).
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited June 2013
    I suggest you have another look. I loaded your map, and found that all your rivers and mountains are currently on the MAP BORDER layer, along with a bitmap image (showed up as a X for me as I don't have the file, but it is the one on your BMP sheet). This is clearly visible if you hide all other layers but this (Make sure all sheets are visible though, or entities can be invisible because they are on a hidden sheet).
    You need to move all these entities to another layer (or erase them) to get rid of the problem.
  • BwenGunBwenGun Traveler
    Ah, I see what you mean (I got layers and sheets mixed up!). All working now though, thanks Monsen! =D