making a symbol catalog for wall cut tool

can this be done? i'm looking to create a menu button that would bring up the wall cutting tools (5' and 10'). has anyone done this?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    That should be relatively easy. First, create a copy of the catalog file containing these symbols. Then open it up for editing (load it up as a map instead of in the symbol catalog window). Now, use symbol manager to delete all the other symbols in the catalog.

Finally, to make a toolbar button, you need to edit the menu file. These are the .mnu file in the CC3 installation directory. Open the appropriate file (like dungeon.mnu for the dungeon designer toolbar). If you look at the file, the lines should be more or less self-explanatory. The command you need to tell CC3 to load a symbol catalog is CATALOG.

Just give a reply if you need more details. I am writing this from my phone, which for some reason doesn't have CC3 installed, so I don't have the technical details at hand right now.
  • that totally worked! thanks a million. it was a pain to open the catalog that the cut tool was in whenever it was needed. quick question though, where do the icons for the menu buttons live(CAMONSTER....etc)? did a file search and found nothing.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Those are internal program resources, you won't find them as separate files. But you can create and reference your own icons. This is how it would look in the menu file:
    #430,#Bitmaps\Icons\cit.bmp:[Cities Menu]{~|CMENU SYSTEM\cit.mnc;}~|CMENU SYSTEM\cit.mnc;
  • this worked perfectly. created my own icon image and it looks great! thanks again.
  • This is a really good idea, and great advice from Ralf and Monsen. Thanks!
  • it's working like a charm! it really is the little things....