What Edition of CC* Do I Have?

This may be an odd question, but I have begun to wonder what version of CC*/DD* I have. The "Trace" function will not work, but I updated to CC3 from CC2 Pro some time ago. A "Frankenstein" version is what I fear - some parts of one, some of another, and so on. Are there any other hallmarks of versions by which I can decipher what I am using? I have updated many times from the CC DOS versions. . might I have skipped an update or something?

Confused,

Sorpaw

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    CC is not designed to to in-place update, so if you have installed CC3 ins the same directory as CC2/CC Pro have been installed in previously, you may have created a mess. If you have done this, I would recommend an uninstall and reinstall into a new folder. However, CC2 and CC3 lives happily on the same machine (Except that they tend to steal file associations from each other), as long as they are installed in different folders, so that should not be a problem.

You can always check the running version by going to help --> about (For CC3 with the latest update as of this posting, it should be 3.42). However, this won't tell you if your installation directory is somehow messed up.