Crash when creating new map

Ok, so I bought CD3 and I tried using the auto floorplan feature. This turned out not to be such a great idea. When I used the floorplan feature, CC3 crashed. Now everytime I try to open any CD3 or DD3 file or try to create a new dungeon or city it crashes the second after I save the file.

I have absolutely loved all the software i've bought from profantasy, but I think we are all at least a little familiar with how brutally frustrating CC3's lack of stability can be.

I already searched on the forum a bit and found a thread where someone had this same problem. He was told to type selbyd into the command line and it fixed his problem. This did not work for me. Ideas? I am too frustrated and annoyed to continue troubleshooting this myself at the moment.

Comments

• ok....So I rebooted my computer to see what was up, and now it won't connect to the internet, and it won't open any programs except CC3. It won't even open a JPG, or a web browser. I am in need of some serious help here.

I can still open CC3, but it's the only program on the computer that will open.
  • edited March 2013
    Try a system restore?

I can't help much except recommending you file a request with tech support. Link
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Yes, please get in touch with us, via tech support. This does not sound like anything I've ever experienced or heard from with CC3.
  • I decided to sleep on it and come back refreshed. I booted up the computer in the morning and the problem persisted. I tried to restore like leonal suggested but it wouldn't launch the restore option. So I tried to open in safemode but the computer froze and wouldn't let me use the keyboard to select safemode. After the countdown timer restarted, it loaded up windows and the problem was mysteriously fixed. Go figure.

However, I can still not load a new dungeon or city without CC3 crashing. Should I contact tech support for that issue? Or should I rely on a forum responce? I'd hate to have a relapse of what happened last night. I'm not positive that the two events are connected, though they seem like they are.
  • I reinstalled CC3 CD3 and DD3, problem persists.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Yes, please submit a tech support request. We'll need your technical details.