Puzzle pieces to one map?

Still deciding on the purchase. Closer but not quit there yet.

Curious about something. Lets say in Fractal Terrains, I created 5 different continents. Now I really grown to like all those continents and would love to bring them together as one world (ex. one day I created Africa, another day created South America).

But I want them to appear as one world on just one map. Is there a way to bring them together? Like looking at our world as one map. Africa and South America appearing as just one world.

Did I ask that correctly? Or am I being confusing?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Hi Guy,

One thing you can do is export each of your FT maps to individual Campaign Cartographer maps. Then, once you've exported all your maps, you can combine the Campaign Cartographer maps into a single map. There may be ways to import maps into each other, I'm not sure, but I know that you can definitely copy from one map and then paste into another. So, at the very least, you can copy from each new Campaign Cartographer map into a "master" Campaign Cartographer map and then arrange and size the continents as desired.

I hope that helps.
    ~Dogtag
  • Fractal Terrains 3 creates worlds. It doesn't really create a single continent (like Africa) alone. FT3 normally creates the whole globe, with like-Africa and some other continents, and islands, depending on the settings.

If you create a whole globe in FT3, but you only like 1 continent -- then maybe you want to export a section of the globe to Campaign Cartographer 3, where you can work on the continent map in detail.

If you like 1 continent on Fractal Terrains World 5000, and you like another continent on Fractal Terrains World 5001 --- then it seems very difficult to combine them in FT3 from what I've found using the program. I do not think it is possible to "copy" a continent in FT3, and "paste" the continent on another FT3 world. The only way I know to take 2 different continents from 2 different FT3 worlds, and combine them, would be as Dogtag described above: export both to CC3, then combine the CC3 maps.
  • Load a map. Do an Insert to put the other maps into that one. Save as often to different filenames so you can go back more undos than undo allows.

Insert is under the Draw menu.