Importing and exporting maps?

Hi, I am looking very hard and purchasing the Master Mapper Bundle. But I do have some lurking questions that hinder me from just doing it.

One of the questions is I see that Fract Terrains can me exported to Campaign Cartographer 3.

But lets say I make an awesome map in CC3 and want to export it to Fract Terains to use all the tools there. Is that possible?

Reason I ask is with what I am seeing, it is easier and you have much, much, much, much control over map creation in CC3 then you do in Fract Terrain.

This is really what is holding me back from the purchase. Fract Terrains has great features, but I do not see total control in making free hand maps as one can do in CC3.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    It is certainly possible to import CC3 maps into FT3, although you will need to do some manual work.

However, Editing in CC3 and FT3 is fundamentally different with regards to the type of details you work with, which means that importing a map from CC3 into FT3 might not always yield ideal results. Also note that even if CC3 has a lot of tools, not everything can be used in a map for FT3 import, since FT3 don't recognize elements such as symbols and fill style.

Generally, if you wish to involve FT3 in the map-making process, IMHO you generally get the bast results when starting out with FT for making the world, then exporting to CC3 for detailed maps.