Goblin Ambush Battlemat

O.K. with everyone else sharing their stuff I said hey I have to stick mine up. This is an encounter map for my new D&D campaign. Its supposed to be an ambush by a small group of goblins.
Pleases feel free to give me ideas on how to punch it up.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Comments

• well if it's a battlemap i would presume the grid = 5' squares? if so you might want to remove the Scale bar and just have 1 square = 5 foot writen some where.. or heck in 4th Ed 1 square = 1 square but I still keep it 5' because it works well.

Other then that, not much I could suggest.. maybe something to break up the grass a bit, ie some of the overlay textures it just adds a bit of variety.. also if i can suggest.. along the edges of the road, you might want to do some 'smuging' in the temple I did earlier on I showed what I mean here but:

Draw black 'elipces' along the edges on a sheet of their own.. then use a blur at a decently 'high' level on the layer (i used a dark grass rather then black but black works) the effect you get is a mix between a shadow and a sligh overgrow look.. I've attached a quick ss of the section I mean.. it's the lower part of the picture.
  • took out the scale bar. dont know why I put it in there to begin with. I'll try your road edging technique too. I'll post the results and thanks.