Custom Symbols Won't Scale

I am having problems scaling the attached custom symbols. At 2x or higher scaling, the black outlines no longer draw in completely. It seems to be a problem in the drawings themselves, as the behavior continues even if I explode the symbol.

So, what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Hi Jamescbenett,

Firstable, your symbols are packed with duplicates. I examined the MegaDungeon symbol and found 9 replicates of the U shape surronding the left tower.
    Use DELDUPS command to get rid of all but one.

Now, the line style you use is a Road Major line style wich has a gap. The drawn part is 7.5 units long and the gap is 2.5 units long. At scale one, the length of the mentionned part is only 6.22989 units long and as it is shorter then the drawn part, there is no gap.
    When you scale up, as soon as you reach over 7.5 the gap appears. At even higher scales, you get a dotted line (see pic, scale 50).

The solution is simple but you'll need to edit every symbol again, select all, change the line style to solid, and close to save changes. You can change the line style through the Change Properties button or by typing CHANGELS in the command bar.
    Good luck!

Nice symbols btw, very evocative!
  • Thank you very much for you help Joachim. I'll post the catalog again when I get it fixed, since you like the symbols.

And thanks for letting me know about the DELDUPS command. That will be very useful. I swear, no matter how long I have this software, I'm always learning something new - and I've been a CC user since the DOS days.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    If you have an even number of entities directly on top of each other, when you drag them, they are not visible, which is why you'll sometimes find an entity with two outlines. This is epecially important for vector symbols.