Multiple Sheet Symbols

Hi guys, please excuse this newbie question but...

I have been working with DD3 and I am creating a new dungeon using DD Pro Filled Geomorphs Sandstone symbol set. I really like this grey stone with goldish walls. However I seem to be having problems when I place symbols such as doors on top of sections of the map.. the walls just don't seem to ever go away.

Also if I make a mistake and overlap the symbols again I can't seem to get rid of the walls to open a hallway or section of a room..

Any help is welcome I am sure I am doing many things wrong and I have looked at the documentation but I am confused. Thanks In advvance

Comments

• sound like the order of your sheets is wrong, make sure you have the door on the correct layer and the correct sheet. sheet button is on the tool bar on the left
  • ok cool know how to manipulate all of those.. what layer/sheet should the door be on?
  • Sheets are top down.

sea
    land

Will draw the land on top of the sea.
  • I don't think that is it... i switched to the floor for both of them and put down a square tile with no walls and still the wall comes back on the refresh.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Are you using the door symbols from the Geomorph catalog? Only those are set up to properly cover the Geomorph walls.

The sheets should be setup this way:

FLOORS - the grey floors of these geomorphs
    WALLS - the yellowish walls
    SYMBOLS WALL - the door symbols and their background

Go through the sheets one by one, hiding all but the current one to see what is on which sheet.

Hope this helps.
  • It did help I am sure I am doing something wrong of have changed a setting i shouldn't have.

Here is what I am doing.

>Select Dungeon
    >DD PRO Dungeon
    >default option 100x 800
    >Using solid map background changing color to solid black
    >Enable multiple levels upper set to 0 lower set to 4
    >Click finish

Then i right click on the Dungeon Geomorph symbol and select DD PRO FILLED GEOMORPHS Sandstone.

I then put a 10'7 corridor give it a bend or two.

then I put down a few more trying to overlap the symbols... and when i refresh the map all the walls that i overlapped with another symbol now show again... as per the caputre example..

I have tried but i can't seem to make the unwanted portions of the walls go away... tried eraser doesn't work. tried overlapping with a solid floor symbol without walls but no matter what i do the walls show back through... I used the door symbols that on other drawn walls would normally cancel out the portion of the wall that it is attached to but these walls are relentless....

Any help would be great....I really love this symbol catalogue with the gold walls and grey floors.... if i could do it without using the multi sheet symbol i am all for that too....lol.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    The geomorph symbols don't work this way. Because of the walls and floors go on separate sheets, walls will always be above floors in the order of things. That means you can't simply draw a corridor to cover parts of another one.

You'll have to either plan your layout from the start and leave gaps in the walls where you want the corridors to meet, or you need to go in to delete the sections of wall that should not be there. To do that, it's probably easiest to hide the floors sheet while doing that, so you can select the wall symbols properly.