FT3 Update numbering system, which is newest version?

Hello, I bought FT3, and installed.

My FT3 under Help menu says it is FT3 version 3.0.9.

In my Registration page, I am offered to download the FT3 Update to version 3.0.12.

Which version is newer? I cannot determine which is the higher number between 3.0.9 and 3.0.12.

Yes, 12 is a higher number than 9. But in the decimal system normally .9 is higher than .12. So I find this numbering system to be confusing and unclear.

What should I install to have the latest FT3?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited January 2013
    3.0.12 is the newest.

While a bit confusing, this is the standard way of naming software versions. They are not meant to be read as decimal numbers, but rather as three individual numbers, where the first one (3) is the version, the second one (0) is the major revision, and the latter one (9 or 12) is the minor revision. There might also be a fourth number, which is generally the build number.
    (The exact use of each number can vary a bit, but that is the general gist of it)
  • edited January 2013
    Thank you Monsen. (By the way I have read many solutions for other questions, you posted in other threads).

Is there a changelog telling the differences in versions?

EDIT:

Found the changelog in a README.txt after installing the update.

Would have liked to see the Changelog on the website before installing!

For others, here is the information contained:

FT3 Update 3.0.12

- Fixed the Textured Climate Setup dialog not loading texture files and settings.
    - Fixed Help file snot properly loading for Textured Climate Setup and Image Climate dialogs.

FT3 Update 3.0.11

- Removed the "maximum resolution" preference because users kept confusing it with editing resolution.
    - Added /LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag to allow for 4GB address space on 64-bit windows and 3GB address space on 32-bit windows (need /3GB switch on XP boot.ini). This change should make working with larger files a little easier.
    - Added projection, save, and showshader script commands.
    - All shaders now appear on the main menu and context menu.
    - MDR files appear in the binary file filter. They should load properly now, too.
    - Fixed problem with improper management of window proportions in image save dialog.
    - Fixed problem with freehand selection tool stopping selection when used with mice that send multiple move messages without actually moving the cursor (many laser mice).
    - Fixed issue with PNG saves coming back as 16-bit PNG saves on the next save command.

FT3 Update 3.0.10

- parent links in HTML exports change to than relative paths rather than absolute ones
    - Help buttons doing nothing or linking to broken help entries fixed
  • Does this mean that FT3 can now use 4GB RAM instead of 2GB?

I have 64-bit Windows. I think that would be a big improvement if I understand what it means correctly.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited January 2013
    Yes, FT3 can now use up to 4GB RAM on 64-bit systems.