CC2 map resizing question

I am mostly finished building a map for a book that I am writing. When I first started the map, I used the 800 x 1000 mile template since I didn't know when I first started the map how large it would end up being. It has since ended up being around 400 miles square (400 x 400). I couldn't find anywhere in the users guide on how to re-size the map, and I have thus far been unable to get it to copy across instances of CC2. Basically I just want to move it to a smaller template. Is there any way to do this in CC2? I am really trying to avoid redrawing the whole map in the smaller template. I can upload the map if you guys need me to.

Thanks for any support you can offer. My apologies if this is a duplicate, I did a quick search and it didn't yield anything.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    This is quite possible in CC3.

- Start CC3 and create a new map with the size you need.
    - Start a second instance of CC3 and load your existing map.
    - Copy everything that you need (meaning everything but the background and map border) to the clipboard (ctrl-c). Right,clic, choose Do It and accept 0,0 as the reference point by right-clicking again.
    - Alt-tab over to your new map and paste (ctrl-v) the clipboard into it. Type in 0,0 for the insertion point.

Let us know if you have any specific problems with these steps.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    And even though you writes CC2, and Ralf CC3, the procedure is the same for both programs. The only difference is that in CC2 you don't have the new map wizard where you can specify an arbitrary size for the new map, so if none of the existing templates are appropriate for you, you need to re-size the template first. This can be done with the SCALE command. Let us know if you need the steps for this, or if the existing templates works for you (I believe there is a 500x400 template available at least)
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Ah right, I overlooked the "CC2". Thanks, Monsen.
  • Excellent, I just used the 500 x 400 template. The trick is to use clipcopy and not the regular copy, since I normally still use the command line (I am an old school CAD guy). At some point I will likely upgrade to CC3, but haven't really run into an issue with 2 yet.

Thanks!