How do you rotate a map?

SO here is the question and I'm sure there is a very easy answer to it but I haven't been able to figure it out. I built a map on my screen running North to South (Portrait) and wish to rotate it 90 degrees and make it east to west (Landscape).

Can anybody give me a clue?

Thanks,

Ken

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Well, you have the Rotate [ROT] command (Right click the Move, Scale, Rotate button). Just make sure to unhide all sheets, and show and thaw all layers before using it. The problem here is that this will rotate all the text and the symbols as well, which you might not wish to do. If so, I don't think there is an easy solution to this. I'll probably say rotate everything, then roate the symbols and the text back one by one. By first rotating everything, you ensure that everything keeps it's position in the map, but it will be a bit of work rotating the symbols and texts back, because you need to do them one by one. If you rotate multiple, they will rotate along a common point, which will obviously move stuff out of place.
  • KenGKenG Traveler
    This forum is so great, thanks Monsen, I thought it would be simple and your tip was what I needed. I wasn't holding the shift key down when attempting to rotate using the move command. duh.