Traveller Sector Mapping - No Import

Hello,

I am trying to use Cosmographer 3 to do some Traveller mapping and am struggling with the templates.

Specifically, I'd like to create Traveller-style sector maps and subsector maps with it, but because of the parameters of my particular setting (not the official Traveller universe) I would like to be able to edit the map key which comes with the template. (For example, there's no "Imperium" in my setting, so all those Imperial bases need to be redesignated.) Maybe I am just a complete dunce but I can't find any way to do this.

In addition, I'd like a "None" option in the import popup which appears so I can convince Cosmographer that data-fetching from travellermaps is not wanted.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    If you don't want to import data, simply start with a normal traveller template, instead of the import one. That is specifically designed for the import procedure, but there others for normal usage. Just use the "use a pre-defined template" option instead of the "Choose settings myself" to find them.

Editing the map key is done using the Numeric Edit command on the text. It might be on a frozen layer, if so, make sure to thaw the layer first.
  • Oh, fantastic! Great stuff Monsen.