FT3: How do you "save" projection/grid settings to default?

Hi all,

Been playing around with FT3 again after a long hiatus. Something that annoys me is: my preferred view is to set the projection (to Orthographic), then zoom out to see the whole globe, then add default 30 degree latitude grid lines. But if I exit and restart the program, those settings are gone and I get no grid, default Equirectangular projection. Am I doing something wrong? Should these values save?

Thanks.

auryx

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    Try saving an FTW file. FT will (or should) reload your last saved file on restart.
  • edited November 2012
    [Edit]: I tried it; it doesn't re-open the last saved world, strangely, but always starts with a random world with the default projection and grid/zoom settings. If I load the saved world manually, it reverts to the settings I'd specified, which is useful. Wish there was a way to globally save those settings, though. Still - thanks again for the help :-)

Thanks jslayton, and sorry for the delayed reply. Work got crazy and I'd forgotten I posted this!

Will give it a go.

auryx
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    Under Edit>>Preferences, make sure that "Reload last world file at startup" is checked. "Reload last settings files on startup" will reload your world settings, but not your grid and other visual settings.
  • Yes "Reload last world..." is checked, but it still doesn't :-) Curious.

Never mind, it's not a big issue. I can just reload a world saved with my preferred visual settings every time I start up, and proceed from there. Thanks again for the help.

auryx