CC3 crashes when trying to export a specific map

Today I went back to a project and did some fiddling about, mostly changing names of things. However, when I went to save the map as a PNG (a relatively small one as well) CC3 instantly crashed. Restarting the computer, saving in different formats, everything results in the exact same crash. Indeed the only thing that doesn't result in a crash is if I save it as a file 250 by 300 pixels across. As one might imagine that is a might irritating. Now, the thing is I've also tried saving other maps as PNGs and they work fine, which leads me to believe that it's something specifically wrong with this map file.

I've attached the file in the hopes that someone can corroborate that is is in fact a problem with the map itself and not something specific to my computer that is fouling things up. And if so, with any luck point me in the direction of fixing whatever is causing the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• pdjpdj Traveler
    It saves ok as a .png for me (width 800, height 1000, no antialiasing)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited November 2012
    Worked ok for me too. Did a 2500x3500 @ 10% antialias just fine.

As for the crash, I am unsure what to do about it. I have noticed that it helps to ensure that you have enough free physical memory when starting the export (in other words, not too much other stuff running at the same time), but other than that, I can't think of anything that would help.
  • Thanks for that guys, that likely means it's something on my end that's fouling things up. Next step will be to uninstall and then reinstall CC3. Quick question, it's been a while since I reinstalled the it, but will it remember the user made textures and symbols when uninstalled or will I have to do some legwork to get everything working on that score after the fact?
  • I see no reason to reinstall. What they mean by 'free memory' is that as you open and close programs in Windows it decides it has no free memory let to place things into memory. Rebooting solves it. So reboot, or try to export the map with nothing open besides CC3.

If you have Vista or Win 7, they take up 1 to 1.5 gigs of memory to run. My computer has 3 gigs of meory and handles large maps fine. So if you have only 1 or 2 gigs of memory and Vista or Win 7, that is the problem. Your CC3 install should be okay.
  • I assumed it was a memory issue at first as well. The problem is that other maps save just fine at larger resolutions. I also have 8GBs of RAM, and the issue did not resolve itself after I restarted the computer and killed all unecessary background programs.
  • CC3 only uses 2 gigs. But if you have saved larger maps, then it isn't a ram problem.