Dotted linestyle for small roads

Hi!
I am pretty new to CC3 and just started an overland map using one of the styles from the annual 2012.
I am wondering if it is possible to get a road drawingtool that does a real dotted line instead of just dashes.
I tried all sorts of linestyles in the drawingtools but couldnt find one that fits. All I have now is a line like shown below
How can i get "just dots"? Any idea?

cheers,

Rattokan

Comments

• JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited November 2012
    I loaded that style, and I don't see any dotted lines in there. I tried another one that had a Dotted line style availabe, and it came out as shorrt dashes.

I'm not familiar with all line styles. For roads i typically use long dash.

Aha ! line style 'Road' in the annual style you are using came out as dots for me. I'll add in a png of the map I quickly did, just roads.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited November 2012
    Because of the way lines work, I don't think there is a way of getting real dots when using them. You can create your own line styles, but they will basically always be dashes of some length, allthough they may look dot-like depending on line width and zoom level. If you tweak the segment lengths and use an edge fade effect, you should be able to make them more dot-like, but this will look a bit different depending on zoom level.

It should be possible to define a macro that draws a series of dots, but then each dot will be an individual entity, and even if grouped, would be much harder to manage afterwards.