DD3 - Can't use most of the dungeon tools

Hi,

I have CC3 and just downloaded the DD3 add-on. I installed it in the normal way, then I downloaded that extra dll file it said I needed, but hardly any of the tools actually work.

Add Room and Add Corridor work, but all the others just give me a popup message saying:

"CC2: No Matching draw tool. There is no draw tool matching your selection in the current draw tool style."

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there something else I need to get it to work?

I notice that the message has "CC2" at the top, so maybe it thinks i'm on an older version? (I've never owned CC2, only CC3).

Thanks.

Comments

• The tools are designed for particular things. So you cannot directly use the dungeon tools to draw cities.

But there are several discussions in here on how to edit the tools so you can use them with other things.
  • edited November 2012
    Wasn't trying to draw a city, was trying to draw a dungeon. I seems they work if I right click them though.

Next question:

I'm trying to draw a floor at the moment, but I can't tell if the floor patterns I've got are correct or not, they look wrong to me. For example, a lot of them are just plain black, even if their name says it should be something totally different. Same goes for a lot of them in the DD3 color style. They all seem to be exactly the same. (See attachment).

Is that correct? Or am I missing some textures? Because I don't seem to have any of the patterns being used in the tutorials,.

Thanks.
  • KenGKenG Traveler
    I have seen this before when I clicked on the Dungeon Menu while in a overland map. I think that the color is coming from the select color box on the top tool bar, (It will be a square the same brown color)
    The way I was able to fix it was to start a brand new map, select Dungeon, (Select settings myself) andthen DD3 dungeon in the map style box.
    Now when you right click on the floor icon you will see your same select floor tools with the right colors.
    (Although I'm totally new at this, I hope it works for you as it did for me.)

Ken
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    KenG is right here.
    The root cause of the problem is that CC3 (and add-ons) contain a huge amount of fill styles, so all fill styles cannot be available in every map (Nor would it make sense to have them there). The drawing tools rely on the fill styles already in the map, so if you try to use drawing tools intended for a different style than your current template is intended for, you get this result.
  • Ah that was the problem, i needed to "select settings myself" rather than leave it on a template, which seemed to be using CC3 dungeon rather than DD3 dungeon.

Thanks.