FCW32.exe Stopped Working aaarrggghhhh

Hi All,

CD3 keeps crashing out when im trying to save a map as a JPG - anyone got any ideas ? It is getting really frustrating as I need to send a sample to a customer who wishes to use the map and I cant send him updates for critique.

Regards....

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited November 2012
    What export settings are you using? If you try to export using too high resolution, CC3 will crash if it runs out of memory (And CC3 is a 32-bit program, so it cannot utilize more than 2GB of memory, no matter ho much you have)
    Try reducing the export resolution, and make sure the antialias value is not set too high. Don't go over 25% for this (but 10% might be enough).

Due to the complexity of CD3 maps, I generally find that I need to have the export resolution a little lower when compared to overland maps.
    Note that you can also export a map in chunks and stich it together manually afterwards by using the rectangular selection export.

While not related to the crashing, I would recommend using png instead of jpg for maps, it is better suited for a high-quality export.
  • Thanks Monsen that sorted it. All the years using this software and ive never come across that before - DOH !