Contours

Hi, I am trying to create a satelite view map, but I am having a hard time to draw the sea contours and continental shelf. Is there a tool to select the line of the contour ? I am a little perfeccionist so I dont want to leave a single pixel between the landmass and the sea contour without paint, the same applies between the continental shelf and the sea contour, but to do that I am selecting point by point to make sure I do no mistakes. Is there a easy way to do it? If i can remember right CAD haz a tool to do that, does cc3 have one to?

I know the on and endpoint buttons, but they dont avoid that I trespass into the lines.

Hope my english was enough to explain myself.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You can use the trace option to follow a line exactly. When you use a drawing tool, after placing the first point, the command line should give you the option to hit the T key to start a trace. Then just follow the instructions in the command bar.

However, you don't normally need to do this when placing contours. Just draw a big contour that covers up the entire landmass and extends the distance from it. When you hit the redraw button, the contour will end up below the landmass, and there will be no gap whatsoever between the landmass and the contour, because the counter fills the entire area under the landmass. To reorder entities in the drawing, either use multiple sheets and arrange the sheet appropriately, and/or use the bring in front of/send behind commands (A combination of these two methods are usually used)
  • Thank you for the tip. While waiting for a reply I though of using different sheets. But I havent tried yet. I tried use the trace comand, but I havent figured out how to use it right. When I try it ends selecting exactly the part I dont want to change, like the contour inside instead of let me use it as a base to draw outside.

Thank you for the quick reply, I will try to master that and look the manual for the trace command.