Fractal Terrain 3 Export options?

So I'm trying out FT3's demo and trying to export files over to my full version of Campaign Cartographer 3. When trying to follow along with the FT tutorial (which is done in FT2?), the guy talks about exporting the FT map as a "Europe Export". In FT3, at least the Demo version, I don't see that as an option. And all the export options in FT3 create really blocky maps for CC3.

Is this a consequence of me running the demo version of FT3? Were I to upgrade, do more Export options appear on the list?

I'm interested in using FT3 to map out several worlds for a sci-fi game I'm looking to run, but I want to be able to work them up in CC3 and hold good detail.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited September 2012
    Europe Export doesn't exist anymore. I don't remember the settings of this export option, but try using something like "Altitude High Detail" instead.

For the blocky maps, make sure that the detail level of your export is set to a high value (edit the export setting, and just click through the wizard until you get to the detail level page) [The demo version might affect this export, I am not sure]. If you are using an export that creates a background bitmap (like the cosmographer export), then the demo version will severely limit the quality of this bitmap.
  • Awesome, thank you! I'll give it a go!