Delete Specific Symbol or Change Layer Priority?

I'm a n00b to CC3 and CAD altogether. When I first started using CC3 some time ago, I created an outline for a continent and placed symbols: a compass and a distance scale. Now that I've returned to this map, and now that I'm adding real features such as mountains and rivers, one of my features crosses the path of the scale.

Can I delete/erase that specific symbol? Everything I've read says I cannot, because everything seems to be saved and embedded. If I cannot delete the symbol, is there a way to designate visual priority? Such as Making the symbol on top, or forcing the river behind?

I just need my river to appear underneath the original scale symbol, or I need to delete that symbol and place it later. Whatever works.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Erasing symbols is done using the ERASE command (the button that looks like a pencil top with an eraser in the left toolbar.)

Ordering of entities are done in two ways:
    - If the entities to be ordered are on the same sheet, use the send to back/front buttons near the top on the right toolbar set
    - If they are on different sheets, you can change the order of the displayed sheets, or you can move one of the entities to a sheet that is already in the correct position in the order.

All of this is detailed in the manual. If you haven't already, I suggest you work your way through it, as it teaches you a lot of skills you will need when working with CC3 (Grab the updated manual from your registration page)
    Posted By: lazserusEverything I've read says I cannot, because everything seems to be saved and embedded.
    May I ask where you have read this. This is completely wrong, and if any of the official documents says anything like this, or are poorly worded so that they could be misunderstood like this, it would be nice to know where it can be found so that it can be fixed.
  • Thanks for the tips, Monsen. I'm starting to get the hang of CC3. I guess I'm just used to Fractal Mapper, which is certainly no where near as robust, but it moves along a lot faster. I suppose I was just trying to do too much too fast. I wasn't paying close enough attention to the manual. Cheers!
  • When erasing symbols (or other stuff) I usually hide all the sheets except the one I am working on.
    A good way to pick only the things you want to erase and not accidently erase a bunch of other things.
  • Posted By: Henrie61When erasing symbols (or other stuff) I usually hide all the sheets except the one I am working on.
    A good way to pick only the things you want to erase and not accidently erase a bunch of other things.
    I do that as well.