Reload custom drawing tools?

Hello,

I just reinstalled all my CC3 packages. I have some maps I made in the past with custom drawing tools in them - stuff for specific types of roads, elevation contours etc, there were lots of them for various maps - I had them all named and such as well and they worked great. What do I need to do to get those reloaded back into my new installation? I have my old CC3 folder saved on a external HDD. Is there a specific file that saves those and then I can import them in to my new installation, or do I have to go back and remake all of them?

Thanks!

Comments

• Also now I am trying to create some new drawing tools for creating an underground city, so I'm making some various contours, cliffs and other tools, but for some reason when I add a new drawing tool under CDS Bitmap A (the style I'm using) it is not saving my selection. I create it, then create a drawing entity with it on the map, save the map and the new tool still isn't saved in the list. Any ideas why? I am on Windows 7 so i'm not sure that could matter? Thanks for your help.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2012
    All drawing tools are saved in #System\drawtools\{style name}. To copy the tools over from the old installation, just find the relevant file (each tool has it's own .dto file) to the corresponding directory in your new installation.

As for the new drawing tools not showing up, try disabling preview (checkbox at the top of the drawing tool window), there is a bug that sometimes hide some tools. Also check if you can find the drawing tool file for it. Also, double check that you are 100% sure that you use the same style in both maps. Also, because of the way windows 7 works, if you have installed CC3 inside one of the program files folders, make sure you start CC3 as the same user each time (Win 7 stores changes to folders inside program files on a per-user basis)