Symbols Project: Need Some Help On Some Image Size Issues Plz.

Ok guys - I have done a BUNCH of number sets to stick into this package. These number sets are meant to allow you to mark specific points on your maps with numbers or letters designating locations of encounters, points of interest, goals for a quest / journey stops, whatever. The number sets go from 1 to 100, and the letter sets follow the english alphabet from "A" to "Z".

Here's my problem - each basic number image has a scale of 179 x 175 - is this too small for a CC3 symbol - or - will it they be legable on a map at smaller scales as place markers?

Comments

• Here's an actual number symbol image at original full resolution:
  • If these symbols allow the ctrl key and moving the mouse to shrink/grow the symbol, then that will work. I think just setting a standard size and make them adjustable so they'll fit the scale of the map, will work fine.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    It might be a bit smallish for the Very High variant (Although you can change the resolution when importing the image, so actual pixel dimensions are not that important (As long as they are consistent within a single symbol catalog, otherwise you end up with too much unnecessary manual work)).

However, you don't need to provide a VH version. Since there isn't really any more details for such counters, a VH version is not necessarily, so call these the High version, and you're done.
  • edited August 2012
    Posted By: MonsenIt might be a bit smallish for the Very High variant (Although you can change the resolution when importing the image, so actual pixel dimensions are not that important (As long as they are consistent within a single symbol catalog, otherwise you end up with too much unnecessary manual work)).

However, you don't need to provide a VH version. Since there isn't really any more details for such counters, a VH version is not necessarily, so call these the High version, and you're done.
    Firstly - thanks Jimmy, yeah - that might be one way of a get around to it.

Secondly - @Monsen - Remy, could you maybe do a test image(s) for me at scale(s) - and post it - so that I can get a feel for what's up with these things? I'de do it but I like the tests that you did for me a while back and I trust your instincts on this. Here's some number sets in a zip for you to tinker with if you'de like: