World Project, New user

Hi, I am trying to build a rather large world for continuing campaign and i've been absorbing as much info on CC3, as humanly possible, but when i sent the map I had the only comment from my gaming group said the mountains do not look natural based on the land masses, also I would love any input on it as well as any tips to make it really pop

Comments

• The resolution is too low for me to see details so i will be more general.

First of all, congratulations for your map. Is not easy to make one and the effort put on the process is not normally much apreciated. Now lets go for my tips and suggestions.

1) You followed the limit of the map too much. this give a square look to it. Try to move yor continents a little and probalyy turn some of them for a more natural look. If you look with atention you will see that you almost followed the frame of the map.

2) Mountains range are formed normally on the coasts and not on the center of continets. Thats because their are formed primally by the chock of the plates or vulcanic activit form the gaps in the plates. Also mountains range thend to be like fingers and not big masses.

3) Islands are formed by vulcanic activity or are extensions of the big mountsins range into sea. But this is not a fixed rule =)

4) Rivers dont break into smaller ones. it is exactly the opposite. Smaller rivers converge to form a big one and they almost aways goes to the sea.

5) Deserts normally form in the middle of continets or in areas that mountains dont let the umidity that comes from the oceans get to them.

These are only orientations. I am not a geologist or nothing similar. Also these "rules" are not fixed, there are exceptions.

Let us see your work as i progress.

Mateus
  • I completely understand and seems like I have to go back to the drawing board, but thats ok I will reinput after I try again
  • Posted By: jwehlingI completely understand and seems like I have to go back to the drawing board, but thats ok I will reinput after I try again
    Just keep in mind that I only gave suggestions. There is nothing wrong with YOUR map and you dont have to follow real world "rules" if you dont want to. But in general this give a better look for the map and let you use the "magic made it!" argument only when you think it would be fun and not to explain to an inquisitive player "how there is a vulcan here?" or "how can have a lake on this place?", etc.