Newbie Questions

Although I have had CC3 and mods for more than a year, only now have I had the time to throw myself into learning the program. I know the learning curve is steep...if I had any hair left I would have pulled it out by now. I have minimum Photoshop experience that won't stick in my brain so I am unsullied and am open to learning CAD operations. I have successfully made a couple of simple villages with the John Speed style (really like that style). Having tons of problems stretching my wings on other styles. So three simple questions for now:

1. I wanted to make walls as described on page 280 of the Tome of Mapping. Attached is my failed effort. I followed the directions to the letter, but the colors are reversed between the walls and towers. The towers won't merge with the walls even though I try to place them on different sheets and move the sheets around.

2. Why is my attached image so pixelated?

3. Is this the correct place to ask these questions...if so prepare to be flooded.

Many thanks and happy mapping...

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    1. I'll get back to you on this one (unless someone else does in the meantime), as I am a bit pressed for time right now.

2. Check your export settings (Click the options button in the save as dialog AFTER selecting the right file type). You'll probably want to increase the resolution here a bit.

3. Yes and no. This category (Community Support) is for technical support, while we also have a separate category (Mapping with ProFantasy Software) which is for mapping support. Use the one you find most appropriate for each question. Sometimes it can be difficult to pick the right category out of these two, but just give it your best guess.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2012
    Ok... I checked the instructions in the Tome, and there is a small bug. Simply swap the widths provided, using 8 for the entity, and 0 for the outline. This will fix it. If you have played around with the sheets, make sure they are reverted to the default settings, as the tower will not work properly if it is set to use another sheet than the walls.

I'll fix the text in the Tome for the next update.
  • Works as intended with the correction. Thanks for your time.