Menus and Sub menus

Been a while since i did any serious mapping, but trying to get back into the swing of things. i remember that there was a way of creating menu-buttons that
automatically called up an appropriate symbol cataloger. I am i imagining this? Also , If i'm not, is there a way of having sub menus within the button?

Eg - Combat Button >
- Weapons sub menu >
- Pointy types

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Hi Mobius,

try looking at the diverse .mnu files with a text editor.
    Here is a line I added to the dungeon.mnu file :
    #24,#Bitmaps\Icons\ASL.bmp:[Inserts an arrow slit]{~|CMENU #SYSTEM\Asl.mnc;}|ASL1;

It creates a new button (#24) and I created an ASL.bmp icon to fill that button.
    [is the comment shown by the tooltip/hint]
    {is a submenu (context) called by right click}
    ASL1 is the command launched on left click
    The syntax is
    # - unused number - ,#Bitmpas\Icons\ - name of a bmp file in the CC3\Bitmpas\Icon folder - ;[ - hint - ]{~|CMENU #SYSTEM\ - name of a mnc file - ;}| - command - ;

If you just want to launch a command (such as loading a symbol catalog) you can skip the {} part. Here is another line from the dungeon.mnu which does just that :
    #601,DD2CAVE:[Cave]|SYMICONM;Cave*;

To create a submenu, you need to create a .mnc file (again with a text editor). Such files are in the CC3\System folder.
    Here is the Asl.mnc file I used on the previous command :

Simple arrow slit:|ASL1;
    Arrow slit with square columns:|ASL2;
    Arrow slit with round columns:|ASL3;

You see the syntax : menu entry - : - | - command - ;
  • Aha..now i've seen one of the menus from CSUAC it's starting to make a lot more sense - Thanks!