My Question

When I create contour lines or add a glow effect, when I save it, close down the programme, then restart it, it doesn't save. I've clicked the 'Activate Sheets' and saved it but nothing seems to work. I have to keep selecting 'Activate Sheets' every time I restart the programme.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    This is as it is supposed to be. Sheet Effects are turned off by default when you open a map, because maps with many effects can take quite long to display.

But you can change that for your map. Click the "Display Speed" button on the left toolbar (the hourglass icon) and check the Option "Effects are on when loaded". Close the dialog and save the map. This is a per-map setting, so you can set it individually.
  • Thanks for that Ralf.

Also, I draw in my rivers, say about five, then go on to add other effects, perhaps contour lines and glow on mountains or forests. I'll save it only to find some of my rivers have dissapered.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Stuff disappearing after adding effects (or doing anything else that requires a redraw) is usually an indication that either the sheet order is wrong, or that you have drawn the rivers on the wrong sheet. Because of the way CC3 works, when you draw something, it will always be "on top" when you draw it, and only after the next redraw will it take it's proper place in the drawing order.
    Try hiding sheets that contain entities that might hide your rivers (such as sea sheets, land sheets and background sheets), and see if you can find them. You may need to hide sheets one by one while looking. Once you find the rivers, use the LIST command on them to check which sheet they are on.

Of course, fading and transparency effects can also cause rivers to go invisible if the effect is too large compared to the river width, so always try to turn off effects again as well. If it looks like the wrong effects is being applied to the rivers (thereby hiding them), that is also usually a result of the river being on the wrong sheet (again, LIST is your friend)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
  • Apart from the default 3, are there any other vid tutorials someone could recommend please?

Thank you