is the import of a map possible?

Hi everyone,

first of all - let me introduce myself....
I just stumbeled across this forum by "accident" while I was looking for a way to implement NATO symbols into a map... when I found this site - the programs and all I was stunned and amazed :) - wish I had found it a few years ago!
also - I am not native English - but Austrian - so please forgive any mistakes I make concerning language....

I'd have a, probably stupid, question - and I am not even sure whether this is the right section for it... but I didn't find any subforums - so please forgive if I have posted it in the wrong place...

what my problem is:

I am about to start an RPG-AAR of a game - mainly playing vs a PBEM opponent - and having several guys on a forum take over certain posts and send me their orders - which I then in turn will implement into the PBEM-turn before sending it back... - so far so good...
obviously that will also require a large amount of maps to detail the individual situations in-game for every player...
now I made several of these using normal picture-editing programs - quite ok.... but now with this program - meaning CC3 and the Annual 3 - I could use the whole range of NATO symbols and implement them on nice maps....

-------------------
so here is the question (finally - I know :D)

can I import a screenshot from the game and then edit it in CC3 with the NATO symbols? - and then again export it so that I can further edit it in a pic-program?? - if so... how?

while reading the manual (a bit... I admit) I found how to export files... good... I can make maps with CC3 - yes... but can I import them also and then edit them in there??

if there is a section in the manual that deals with this - I am more than happy to give it a try.... maybe I have simply overlooked it.....

------------------

thanks a lot for your help in advance... any advice would be much appreciated!

cheers,

Sol

Comments