Topo map making data

So I see that you are able to create a map using real data in FT3. My questions is this then, can I use FT3 to generate a map and then make a topographical map with contour line? Or is there a program that can take the data from FT3 and make one?

Comments

• When you export maps from FT3, you get altitudes by color. Here is an export, mostly a land planet, showing medium altitude detail. The 'Altitude detail, medium' is an FT3 export option.
  • You can easily change those contour lines so they are outlines rather than filled polygons, and you can change their color so they are all the same -- that should match up to most modern topo maps.
    Steve
  • I am somewhat familiar with FT3, so here are a few more questions.

Is there a way to import some version of my CC3 map? Say without the use of icons, just outlined areas with fill colors to represent the various forms of landscapes?

Then use the outlines to help increase or decrease the elevation of the FT3 version of the map?

If I understand what you are suggesting from above then I am able to take the filled polygons, change them to an outline and have my contour map. I suppose that there is a key which shows what colors are which elevations. OR, would FT3 assign elevation numbers to each line for me?

Am I able to set the interval at which FT3 declares a change in elevation?