explanation of the "send behind" command needed

maybe its just me, but i can't get this command to work at all, making mapping using the june annual a little more of a chore than it probably should be. how exactly does it work? what is the procedure(order) for selecting entities? any help here will be awesome....

Comments

• The send Behind command is meant to send the element below all the elements of the current sheet... Im not sure it works perfectly (especially after selection), but when you click "do it", it actually does it.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited June 2012
    Not quite correct there. The Send Behind is used to send entities behind another specific entity, not to the far back of the sheet.
    To use it, first click the button, The command line now reads "move below entity:" Then click on the edge of the entity you wish to send the other entities behind. This will cause the command line to change to "Select entities". Note that there is no visual clue indicating which entity you selected to send the others behind. Finally, select the entities you wish to send behind the first entity in the normal way, and finish by "Do It" as usual. This will send all the entities just behind the entity you selected in the first step of the command.
    Note that this only works within a sheet, so to get predictable results, both the entity selected in the first step, and the entities selected to move behind it should be on the same sheet.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Posted By: MonsenNote that this only works within a sheet, so to get predictable results, both the entity selected in the first step, and the entities selected to move behind it should be on the same sheet.
    I too have a little correction here. ;)

"Send behind" (and "Bring in Front of") does actually work with entities on different sheets, but it will put the edited entity on the same sheet as the one it is sent behind (it must do so because the drawing order is defined by the sheets).

It is "Send to Back" and "Bring To Font" which will only work on the entity's current sheet.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Thanks Ralf, didn't know that part.
  • got it, thank you very much. i was selecting entities incorrectly. thank you so much for the clarification. it is refreshing to see a forum community that is so helpful and not condescending...