Question about creating a city house with the John Roberts style

I have the John Roberts City, and Dungeon. I have made a small village with the city tool, and would like to make some floorplans. When I use the floorplan tool, It doesn't give the option to use the John Roberts dungeon style.

Is there a way to set it to do that?

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Yes, there is, although it is a little complicated.

Check your CC3 program folder for this folder:
    CC3/Templates/Cities/Floorplans
    Any styles in this folder will show up in the Floorplan tool of City Designer 3.

So copy the Jon Roberts Dungeon style from the following folder into the above:
    CC3/Templates/Dungeons/Wizard

So far so good, but the Floorplan tool will also need to know what settings to use for floors, walls, etc. It takes those from specifically named drawing tools in the template's style.
    Open this folder: CC3/System/Drawtools/CD3 Floorplan Bitmap/

You'll need the following ones in the Jon Roberts Dungeon style:

Background, Basement
    Background, Upper
    Floor, Default,
    Floor, Upper
    Wall, Basement
    Wall, Default
    Wall, Upper

You can either open a Jon Roberts Dungeon Map and create these tools from the Advanced Drawing Tools catalog, or you make copies of the tools you want to use (in CC3/System/Drawtools/Dungeon Jon Roberts/) and rename the files to the above.

Hope this helps.
  • That did the trick. I still have some tweaking to do, because for some reason my ground floor background is stone gray instead of grass. I will figure out what I did wrong there and fix it.