Cutting, Trimming, etc - Where I use what?

Well, I want to polish my map, but I dont know what use where. To "cut" the rivers so then align to lakes and the ocean, I use what command? And to cut what is out of the map, what I use?

Here is a screenshot to help.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    To get rid of that part of the sea outside the map border, you an use cut on it. When using the command, make sure you select the entity somewhere inside the map (you keep the part where you selection point is, then start the cut where it enters the white screen border at the top, and end the cut where it enters the map again at the bottom. Note that this will turn your polygon into a line. Then, simply use path to polygon to turn the line back into a poly, and use add node to put a new node in each corner so that it will follow the map border.
    For any of the steps above, feel free to use modifiers like endpoint and intersection.

For cutting the rivers, use either the cut command, or the trim to entity. The latter is great to make your rivers end exactly along another entity.
  • By the way, beautiful map.
  • Posted By: sdavies2720By the way, beautiful map.
    Thank you. t's only a screenshoot. I will post a full version when it's done.
  • Posted By: MonsenTo get rid of that part of the sea outside the map border, you an use cut on it. When using the command, make sure you select the entity somewhere inside the map (you keep the part where you selection point is, then start the cut where it enters the white screen border at the top, and end the cut where it enters the map again at the bottom. Note that this will turn your polygon into a line. Then, simply use path to polygon to turn the line back into a poly, and use add node to put a new node in each corner so that it will follow the map border.
    For any of the steps above, feel free to use modifiers like endpoint and intersection.

For cutting the rivers, use either the cut command, or the trim to entity. The latter is great to make your rivers end exactly along another entity.
    Thank you. I will try it and give a feedback.