Getting the viewer properly installed with symbols

I'm developing a DD3 map for my group and they all have installed the viewer to see the progress. However they can only see the outlines of the walls even thought they've downloaded all of the enrypted bitmap files. I've tried several things to move the bitmaps files around the CC viewer folder, but haven't had much luck. Is there something I need to do in CC3 to enable my players to properly see the file? They've downloaded the latest viewer, I have the lastest CC3, DD3, & SS2 patches, and I only use the standard symbols.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Could you post your .fcw file here? It is a bit easier to see what might be going on if I have the actual map file available.
  • OK I've got it attached...It is in it's early stages of creation so there are some concept pieces hanging out there and a lot of unfinished stuff.

That and it's been a long time since I've drawn on DD.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Looks like the download of the DD3 symbols for the viewer has two mistakes in its folder structure:
    - the bitmaps fills folder should be CC3/Bitmaps/Tiles/Dungeon/DD3/DD3 Color/. The Dungeon folder is missing.
    - the symbols folder should be CC3/Symbols/Dungeons/DD3/DD3 Color/. Here the "DD3" part was missing.

You can fix this manually while I fix the download version, just add the missing folders to the structure. Also, make sure your players you "Run as Administrator" to install this under Vista or Windows 7.

You also seem to have some non-standard symbols in the map, these will not be visible in the viewer. Overall it might be better to print the map as a pdf and give that to your players.