WW2 Interactive Atlas Installation Issues

Hi Folks,

I know I solved this back in the day but now I can't find my notes.

System: Win 7 64bit
I've got CC3 & CC2 re-installed. So far both appear to be working just fine. Installed just about everything (all addons except FRIA, WW2, & Annuals).

Now the issue: The WW2IA keeps wanting to install itself under my CC3 directory. BUT I know it will only "work" with CC2 - which is why I've installed CC2 in the first place.

I even tried installing it as a standalone and the install keeps telling me it will install the "upgrades" into my CC3 directory.

Obviously the symbols and maps can be copied into CC3 (which is exactly what I plan on doing anyway) BUT I would like to be able to use CC2 to work within the system at times as well.

Any ideas on how to get around it? And does anyone know if I'll have the same issue with FRIA and the annuals?

Thanks

john

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I can't test this right now, so I don't know if it will work, but did you try to simply run CC2 right before installing the WW2IA. Several of the "path detectors" in PF installers always finds the last program started (Because they share some data in the registry)
  • I did try that. But what I didn't think of is actually checking the registry keys (via regedit) and manually setting it. Have to give it a shot.
  • Nope. That didn't work.

Ralf? Can you chime in with what registry key the installers are looking for? This way I can manually change it? Thanks

John
  • Update:

Fwiw, I got the annuals and the FRIA to all install just fine. So it's just the WW2IA that's causing problems.

Oh well, back to work, lunchtime's over
  • Are you sure that the WW2IA only works with CC2? I'm sure that it's not updated to take advantage of CC3, but I would be surprised if it didn't still work.

Hopefully Ralf will chime in soon.

Steve
  • It might. Without knowledge of what the installer would actually install I'm hesitant to try it.

interestingly the symcrypt exe program has a similar issue: it can't find CC2
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited April 2012
    No. WW2IA does not work properly with CC3, so don't try to install it into the CC3 directory. There is an annual that provides most of the WW2IA functionality in CC3 however: September 2011

Not sure why symencrypt fails. It finds CC2 nicely on my system. Maybe try with a reinstallation of CC2, then immediately install WW2IA and symencrypt before running CC3 again? Again, I can't test this, so I don't know if it works. All I know is that I have basically once upon a time did exactly what you are doing now. I have both CC2 and CC3 installed, with the WW2IA and everything else (Although my CC2 installation have somehow gotten a bit messed up lately)
  • Success (mostly)

There was a registry key (fastcad) that when I changed "cc3" to "cc2" I got the ww2ia to install and run. Still no luck on the symencrypt though...

Here's the registry key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FastCAD

And here's what to the *.reg file I exported (before changing anything) had (obviously put in your own directory structure):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [code]
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FastCAD]
    @="CC3 drawing"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FastCAD\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\\z-Profantasy\\CC3\\fcw32.exe,-9967"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FastCAD\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FastCAD\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FastCAD\shell\open\command]
    @="C:\\z-Profantasy\\CC3\\fcw32.exe %1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FastCAD\shell\print]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FastCAD\shell\print\command]