FT3 Upgrade Installation Question

Hi Folks,

I'm in the midst of reinstalling everything (including Windows 7/64 bit) and in my "registered products" section I've got both FT Pro and the FT3 Upgrade.

Does anyone know...Should I install FT Pro and then the FT3 "upgrade
- OR -
Should I just install the FT3 program (the setup program is 380MB so I'm guessing it's a full install).

Any ideas?

John

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Just do FT3. No need to install FT Pro first.
  • JUst install the FT3 program.
  • edited April 2012
    Just install FT3 full, but if you have both a full copy of FT3 AND the upgrade + Pro, then that's some extra added insurance in the long run. Not that you couldn't re-download FT3, but it's always a good idea to keep your old stuff anyway tucked away in your toy box - as opposed to just chucking it. A lot of people throw away old software when it's upgraded to a new full version - which is wrong in my opinion. I have a few apps that go way back to Windows 98 that I can get to still work on Vista if I readjust the compatability settings to Windows XP. Really the only thing that I haven't been able to get working on Vista is my special edition legacy package of original Command And Conquer games that I got two Christmases ago.
  • Posted By: Terraformer_AuthorJust install FT3 full, but if you have both a full copy of FT3 AND the upgrade + Pro, then that's some extra added insurance in the long run. Not that you couldn't re-download FT3, but it's always a good idea to keep your old stuff anyway tucked away in your toy box - as opposed to just chucking it. A lot of people throw away old software when it's upgraded to a new full version - which is wrong in my opinion. I have a few apps that go way back to Windows 98 that I can get to still work on Vista if I readjust the compatability settings to Windows XP. Really the only thing that I haven't been able to get working on Vista is my special edition legacy package of original Command And Conquer games that I got two Christmases ago.
    Great minds think alike . I still have (and play :D ) many of my old "dos" games (under dosbox). In fact it was only this past summer that I actually got rid of most of my old dos development tools...note the use of the word "most" . So yeah, I'll keep the old ones.